A Thaurissan Horde Guild.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Subzero - Fire Mage

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Subzero - Fire Mage on Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:17 am

Character
1. Character (feel free to include any alts)
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/thaurissan/subz%C3%AAr%C3%B4/simple

2. What is your preferred talent build
I chose to play Fire / Arcane / or Frost if need be depending on the situation.

3. Briefly explain your priority in stats
As a Mage and as a caster, our stat priority is and will always be intell, as it increases our damage done too and buff to all of our spells. Our next stat as a fire mage would be hit, we have to reach hit cap, once we hit the hit cap, crit is our next stat to gear/gem for simply to help with the our procs like hot streak and etc.

4. What glyphs do you use and why?
Prime Glyphs -
Glyph of Molten Armor
Glyph of Fireball
Glyph of Pyroblast

My reason for choosing these three prime glyphs is because at the moment, fire mages are very crit dependant, and I feel like the extra crit from these three glyphs is a crucial DPS gain, I have been thinking and I could swap out Glyph of Molten for Glyph of Living bomb for an encounter with lots of AoE.

Major Glyphs -
Glyph of Polymorph
Glyph of Invisibility
Glyph of Evocation

My reasons for choosing these glyphs are because the polymorph glyph for when CCing trash it doesnt break my target unless someone physically damages them, I chose glyph of Evocation because during raids wouldn't help with the extra heal from my own spell, and I chose Glyph of Polymorph cause I didn't really know and couldnt decide what else to slot in there for fire, But I will swap it out for blast wave I think.

Minor Glyphs -
Glyph of Mirror Images
Glyph of Arcane Brilliance
Glyph of Slowfall

5. Do you have any rare patterns/recipes etc. that would benefit the guild? What are they? No, none at the moment.

Social
6. What location do you play WoW from? What is the timezone there? (GMT+?) How do daylight savings changes affect you? I live in Australia, Sydney NSW. my Timezone here is GMT+10 and the daylight savings doesnt affect me at all!

7. List all Reform members you know and how you know them. What will they have to say about you? I don't know anyone in Reform yet.

8. List your previous guilds, ranks / responsibilities in those guilds, and reasons why you are no longer in those guilds (go into detail with this question).
Last Attempt - Trying to earn a raid spot here but they are not giving me a chance to prove myself and im getting sick of waiting for 4 hours a night for nothing when its becoming clear im unwanted, so I decided its time to move on..

FEAR #1 Ally on server - I left because the guild fell apart at the end of WOTLK.
Myrmidons - #1 Ally server since BC and broke up in WOTLK.. I was in myrmidons for nearly 2 years and then we broke up, then tried to come back together but didn't work out so we all just went our seperate ways so I joined FEAR.

9. If possible, provide a link to a recent WWS/WoL or screenshot of recount/skada in action.

Gameplay
10. Please list your /played (Total time) 40 days 12 hours and 10 minutes.

11. What World of Warcraft PvE end-game experience do you have on this character (vanilla through to cata)?
I didn't raid in Vanilla,
BC I did BT, Sunwell, TK but never got full clear.
WOTLK Naxx 10+25 Server First, Ulduar 10+25 Server first kill on my druid, ToC + ToGC 5/5 on Druid and ToC 5/5 on Priest, ICC 10+25 Full Clear and 11/12 HM 25 progression and was only 1 achieve away from getting my 25 drake on my priest.
Cata = All i've seen is Bastion of Twilight and experienced a few of the bosses in there.

12. Are you self-sufficient when it comes to being prepared with consumables and gold?
During raid I bring food for the buff, flask's (Flask of the Draconic Mind) for the extra stat increase for Intell, and Potions for increase Haste/Intell/Crit. I do dailies to cover my raid repairs and enchants and mats.

13. Are you able to attend all of our progression raid nights from start to finish (this is vitally important and failure to do so will result in your removal from guild)?
One of the biggest reasons why I am attracted to apply for your guild is your raid times, they are perfect for me good start and perfect finish! I am also able to stay back 30mins later for progression nights.

14. Post or provide a link to a screenshot of your UI in a raid situation (ie. killing a boss).
https://redcdn.net/ihimizer/i/wowscrnshot022611172655.jpg/
Other
15. Anything else you want to add? Tell us a Joke!
Incase you guys are wondering I know my mage isn't upto scratch gear wise. But I took a break from WoW after WOTLK till the release of Cata and was only really playing casually and unguilded with a couple of friends just rolling around PvPing. Its been a few weeks now and I've been trying to catch upto gear PvE wise.. PvP I am 4/5 Vicious, and have my Weapons. I am till this day running heroics trying to gear my self up as much as possible and for now untill I get better gear from heroics I feel like using the 4 piece from my pvp set is a bigger bonus than blues from heroics. But if you guys feel otherwise please tell me so and I can try to avoid using ANY pvp gear in a raid environment. I am a really friendly and down to earth guy and can get along with pretty much anyone, I love playing games and Love playing wow, and believe my core strengths as a raider is my attitude, its never let my previous guilds down, Ive earnt my spot the hard and long way and am willing to show/prove last attempt that I am worthy of an investment. Another is my raid awareness, I am willing to sacrifice a bit of DPS for that extra time of being alive.. my dps is USELESS if I am dead. I also take the time to research boss fights for each encounter. I gave up playing my priest simply cause of the mechanics and how we are lacking numbers compared to other classes at the moment. I simply enjoy playing my mage again ALOT more.

View user profile

2 Re: Subzero - Fire Mage on Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:05 pm

Im afraid if u dont like subbing we wont be able to accommodate you.

I dont mean to offend, but your gear and experience in the raid content of this expansion so far are lacking. Its not as if we are short on mages either. I would think if we where to accept one it would have to be somewhat exceptional.

We are in the same situation as ur current guild, pushing for hard modes and for that we need geared and prepped raiders.

11. What World of Warcraft PvE end-game experience do you have on this character (vanilla through to cata)?
I didn't raid in Vanilla,
BC I did BT, Sunwell, TK but never got full clear.
WOTLK Naxx 10+25 Server First, Ulduar 10+25 Server first kill on my druid, ToC + ToGC 5/5 on Druid and ToC 5/5 on Priest, ICC 10+25 Full Clear and 11/12 HM 25 progression and was only 1 achieve away from getting my 25 drake on my priest.

can u provide armory links to prove this?

View user profile

3 Re: Subzero - Fire Mage on Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:45 pm

I understand my gear is lacking, but that is simply because I took a break from WoW and game back late. So from the time I came back to now I have been trying to find a guild. As for my current guild Im only a social rank, in here with some friends.. I applied for a casual raiding spot cause it was the least they could give me so I went for it, but Im trying to look for something more than just a casual raiding spot, don't get me wrong i've been in hardcore guilds and know what it takes and know what its all about.

I am completely okay with being sat out for some fights as each encounter is not the same obviously and to the GM/Officers desire and what kind of raid comp they wish to be running, I am more than happy to be sat out I am willing to show you guys I am worthy of an investment, I have taken the time to realistically play as much as I can to get my self upto speed, I am farming heroics and doing BH for chance of gear + the Valor Points to get my T11..

I hope my gear wont let you down as i believe one of my strongest abilities as a raider and a player is my awareness and knowledge, I do not expect to be carried through raids, if successfull i wish to show Reform I am a worthy of an investment, time and space.. I have proof of this on my alts;

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/nagrand/jeasuz/simple
(My Shadow Priest)

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/nagrand/mandelor/simple
(My Resto Druid)

View user profile

4 Re: Subzero - Fire Mage on Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:53 am

This is generally something we always look into with depth, because people more often than not lie about their past progression, usually by failing to point out the fact that the "experience" was gained when the content was obsolete, or if it was 10man only. There are probably only a couple of 10m exceptions I would accept as being on the same level of difficultly as 25m

The question asks...
What World of Warcraft PvE end-game experience do you have on this character (vanilla through to cata)?
Completing bosses when they are no longer end-hame does not consitute end game experience.
I wont bother pointing them out to you because i know u know that i know what u said isnt entirely true.

Honestly ive seen alot worse when it comes to this and sorry for sort of singling you out and for the rant but yeah it gets under my skin.

I am and im sure the officers are encouraged by your enthusiasm, but i again point out my sentiments with regard to recruitment atm.

Watch this space...

View user profile

5 Re: Subzero - Fire Mage on Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:22 am

Your overall knowledge of mages is pretty good, but then again, everyone could learn that stuff just by reading Elitist Jerks for a few minutes.

Just a few questions:
I know the shoulder enchant is great/needed for raiding, but was there a reason you got it to exulted first? And you haven't even chanted you shoulders with it?
Most rep epics would probably be much more of an upgrade then a shoulder enchant.

Even with your gear i can understand that reaching hit cap is very hard, but you seem to have a few items that you could reforge crit/haste into hit, as you are still a little over 2% off the hit cap.

I have noted that this is your 3rd or so alt so lack of prof isn't too bad but you should work hard to get at least one profession that benefits mages to 525

I agreed that survivability > gear, however gear shows us how much time you are willing to put into your character and in turn, guild.

Otherwise I agreed with Ish on the most part. I'll leave it up to the officers.
Best of luck Smile

View user profile

6 Re: Subzero - Fire Mage on Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:32 am

Awkward cause you're already in the guild.... oh well Razz
Work hard Very Happy

View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum