A Thaurissan Horde Guild.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Enhancement\Elemental Shaman

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 EnhancementElemental Shaman on Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:47 am

Character
1. Do you have our required raiding mods (if not you will be required to have them before your first raid):
- oRA3 – No
- Omen3 Threat Meter – Yes
- Deus Vox Encounters – No
- EPGP Lootmaster – No

MODS i use - Titan Panel, Dominos, Decursive, DBM, Omen3, Recount, TargetAssist and ShockandAwe

2. Character
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/thaurissan/meybocaj/
3. Is this the character you spend most / all of your time on?
Yes

4. Did you level this character from 1-80? (required)
Yes

5. Do you have any worthy alts?
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/thaurissan/myma/

6. What is your preferred talent build? If you play a hybrid class, will you be able to respec according to the raid group's needs? If so, what other talent builds can you accommodate (skill wise and gear wise)?
I prefer to play Enhancement and I have set up my second spec as Elemental. I do not have gear for the elemental spec yet as the new patch is so close.

I can also spec as restoration but I do not like healing anymore.

7. Please briefly explain how your class should equip himself for PvE. How should each statistic be considered, and why?

At the current time the following holds true for Enh Shamen:

1 - Gear should be mail to get the 5% attibute bonus and the main stats should always be Agi and Stam. I can't think of any piece of leather or cloth that would surpass the bones of 5% to all stats.

2 - Enhancement Shaman currently should be stacking Agi for gems as it is our best stat once Hit and Expertise Capped. Agi provides the best benefits and it is vital that we don't miss with shock spells and have at least 20% melee hit. As well expertise is important so we don't get parried.

3 - At present the highest stat on our gear should be converted to Mastery as it is our second best stat

4- Enchants should be related to attack power or agility at this time. As well all Enh shammies should have the 2 points in Ghost wolf now so they get increased run speed and instant wolf form. Boots should have best agi or attk spd enchant available

8. What glyphs do you use and why?

Prime

Feral Spirits - 30% of your attk power to wolves - This has been simulated by ppl at EJ and this appears to be the best choice at this time.

Stormstrike - increases critical stike bonus with attack by 10% - great option as this is one of the main attacks

Lava Lash - 20% dmg bonues - awesome choice and for some reason out offhand attk is now our most powerful.

Major

Lightning Shield - basically makes this perma shield and make it so I don't have to watch this all the time anymore and make sure it is up.

Shamanistic Rage - Removes debuffs when active - nice clear all to take pressure off healers.

Healing Stream Totem - 130 fire, Frost, Nature resist for party or raid. Nice choice but swapable for the other below depending on the group.

Optionals

Fire Nova - If lots of AoE encounter nice addition to weak shammy aoe if there is a pally, another shammy or someone else to take up the resists.

Ghost Wolf - speed bonus for wolf form, nice in high movement fights

Chain Lightning - Another choice for improving AoE. Affects 2 more targets
9. List the value of your relevant stats:

10. What are your professions? How do your professions assist you in raiding?

Jewelcrafting - 450 - Provides me with 3 specialized gems for my two dps specs

Mining - Nothing practical for raiding but I do sell the ore so I can buy flasks and other things I need.

11. Do you have any rare patterns/recipes etc. that would benefit the guild? What are they?

No, this character is pretty new, the mage I linked about is also new but has some rare enchants

12. Have/Had you completed:
- Molten Core Attunement – Yes
- Blackwing Lair Attunement - Yes
- Karazhan Attunement - Yes
- SSC / TK Attunement - Yes
- BT / Mount Hyjal Attunement - Yes

13. List your reputation standings with the following factions.
Ashtongue Deathsworn:
Argent Dawn:
Brood of Nozdormu:
Cenarion Circle:
Hydraxian Waterlords:
The Scale of the Sands:
The Violet Eye:
Zandalar Tribe:
Argent Crusade: Exalted
Kirin Tor: Exalted
Knights of the Ebon Blade: Exalted
Wyrmrest Accord: Exalted
The Sons of Hodir: Exalted
Horde Expedition:Exalted
Ashen Verdict: Exalted

14. Do you have any legendaries, rare exalted reputations or achievements that will assist the guild?

Nothing really unique at this point.

Social
15. Your real name?

David

16. How old are you?

17. What location do you play WoW from? What is the timezone there? (GMT+?) How do daylight savings changes affect you (note the adjustment of server time by an hour may compound with an adjustment in your time zone by an hour as well)?

I play in Calgary AB Canada, I work nights and don't switch back to days on my day off. I basically play from 7-3am SVT on my days off.

18. List all Reform members you know and how you know them. What will they have to say about you?

I transferred here about a month ago have not met anyone from your guild.

19. List your previous guilds, ranks / responsibilities in those guilds, and reasons why you are no longer in those guilds (go into detail with this question).

Thirteen Apostles - Trial - I chose this guild before my transfer from Dragonmaw US and thought we would be compatible. After a month with them I think they are nice guys but there are some things in the guild culture I don't really like.

Sound and Fury - http://www.snfguild.org/ - I started working nights last summer and after that I was no longer able to participate in any guild events. I tried looking on this server for a late night guild I could join but there was really nothing. So I got tired of farming an empty server and decided to move to Thaurissian after some research on how the server and how well server raid times would match with me.

20. If possible, provide a link to your previous guild's DKP/EPGP site.

No you need credentials

21. If possible, provide a link to a recent WWS/WoL report with your previous guild.

Gameplay
22. How many hours and at what times do you play each week?

I play from 7-3am about four days a week

23. Please list your /played (Total time played and Time played this level).
Total: 20 days 11 hours
At 80: 11 days 4 hours

24. What World of Warcraft PvE end-game experience do you have on this character (Pre-BC, BC and WoTLK – go into detail with WoTLK ICC and the roles you have played)?

On this character I have no pre WoTLK experience.
I used to play a priest though and on that character I cleared all Vanilla content and TBC up to BT. Then I stopped play till I made this characther and Myma earlier this year.

25. Learning a new boss will most likely involve using a large quantity of consumables and having a large repair bill. Are you self-sufficient when it comes to being prepared with consumables and gold?

Yes

26. Having at least the best gear obtainable outside of raid instances is mandatory, and they should be enchanted and socketed with the best enchants and gems. Do you meet this requirement?

Yes

27. Are you able to attend all of our progression raid nights from start to finish (this is vitally important and failure to do so will result in your removal from guild)?

Yes

28. Post or provide a link to a screenshot of your UI in a raid situation (ie. killing a boss).

The board is cutting half of this off.

29. Do you PvP? Are you interested in rated BG's / Arena?

I am not a big PvP player

30. What World of Warcraft PvP experience do you have?

I occasionlly go to Battle grounds to kill time my old main was a Master Sgt or something.

Other
31. What are your reasons for applying to join Reform, over another guild?

I am looking for a serious raiding guild that is fun and gets things done. I have been researching guild over the last couple weeks to find one better suited to me.

32. Are you currently applying to any other guilds?

No

33. Being able to communicate on Vent is mandatory. Do you have the ability to speak on Vent? Will you?

Yes

34. Do you have a stable internet connection?

Yes

35. Are you prone to getting capped/shaped/etc?

No

36. List some of the specs of the computer you play WoW on.

CPU 3.33 overclocked Intel i7, HD 5800 series graphics card 6GB 1333Mhz RAM

37. Describe what you think is your defining quality. What will make us want to recruit you over someone else? Realise that a majority of applications contain some variant of a "want to be the best" (this is a great question to convey your personality).

In real-life I live in Canada, as I have mentioned, and I moved back here about three years ago. Before that I lived in Japan, S. Korea, China and (breifly) in Australia. I liked living overseas but I moved back to Canada once my daugher was public school aged.

Currently, I work for a large IT consulting company and I lead a team of Systems Admins that monitor, perform changes and so on for local and international clients. I work at night here as the people I deal with are overseas or the changes I make locally are done after hours.

I am a laid back person that is self motivated. I never get upset and if I encounter a set back I will just pickup and start again. I have always been a little shy so I don't say a lot at first but I try to get past this. Other traits, I am loyal and will stick up for my friends/co-workers/team/guild if they have been fair with me.

38. How many achievement points do you have?

3760 on shaman

39. Are you interested in contributing towards guild achievements?

yes

40. Do you have your epic flying mount training?

I have 310% riding

41. How fast have you levelled previously and how fast are you expecting to level to 85?

I hope to be to 85 in about a week.

42. Have you answered all questions wholly?

Yes everything I could

43. Anything else you want to add?

Thanks for your time in reviewing my application.

View user profile

2 Re: Enhancement\Elemental Shaman on Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:25 am

Erik

Officer
pst one of the officers in game Smile
come cata we may be doing guild bg as well so now's a good time to find that spark for pvp again!

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum