Reform
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Thaurissan Horde Guild.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Grimmblade 354 Warlock

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Grimmblade 354 Warlock  Empty Grimmblade 354 Warlock Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:00 am

Grimmblade

Character
1. Character (feel free to include any alts)
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/thaurissan/grimmblade/advanced

2. What is your preferred talent build?
My preferred build is Destruction 3/7/31. I've put decided to put a point into Manafeed but I'm seriously looking at changing those to Doom and Gloom and then Jinx (added AoE Damage)

3. Briefly explain your priority in stats
Straight from EJ's mouth we have: Int>Hit>Haste>Crit>Mastery. I followed this mostly but I've tried to equalize crit with haste in an effort to put out more DPS while at a lower gear level. Haste scales great but at my gear set I find more crit helps in my DPS readings. I am yet to crunch this through Simcraft though, with only forum posts to back me.

4. What glyphs do you use and why?
I use Conflag/Imp/Immolate in Prime, LifeTap/Shadowflame/Fear in Major. I glyphed Fear beacuse I like the option for CC, although I prefer other people to do it (Fear only being 20 seconds and all) and Shadowflame for some nice slowing. All my Prime glyphs are for DPS purposes.

5. Do you have any rare patterns/recipes etc. that would benefit the guild? What are they?
Well I recently leveled my Enchanting and Tailoring to Max and am currently working on getting my awesome recipes for those. Its a working progress Razz

Social
6. What location do you play WoW from? What is the timezone there? (GMT+?) How do daylight savings changes affect you?
I play from GMT10+ and I live in Gold Coast Australia. I don't have daylight savings because Queenslands sun doesnt set at 10pm.

7. List all Reform members you know and how you know them. What will they have to say about you?
I don't know any direct members but I know some Scarab Lord called Skriker. He also is wondering why no one talks to him, hes lonely.

8. List your previous guilds, ranks / responsibilities in those guilds, and reasons why you are no longer in those guilds (go into detail with this question).
I really have no previous history worth noting in any expansion other than Cataclysm. I was always to young or in school during previous Expansions/Vanilla. My current guild which I'm in is Neltharions Perfidy and I am currently in their 1st raiding team. However their moving ahead VERY slowly and I've spent alot of time to gear up and prepare for raiding. I want to start before patch.

9. If possible, provide a link to a recent WWS/WoL or screenshot of recount/skada in action.
https://2img.net/h/i579.photobucket.com/albums/ss238/Damo445/WoWScrnShot_040911_191554.jpg
My UI is completely different now but that DPS is very recent (AKA saturday)

Gameplay
10. Please list your /played (Total time)
It's pathetic 30days 23hours, but I've played 6days 12hours at this level.

11. What World of Warcraft PvE end-game experience do you have on this character (vanilla through to cata)?
Have always been to young/busy/non-caring about all end content in WoW. This has been true of all expansions except Cata. I'm finally old enough, don't have school work and I now despise my other games. So WoW is my game and I'm really looking forward to doing it's endgame content.

12. Are you self-sufficient when it comes to being prepared with consumables and gold?
Yes, million times over.

13. Are you able to attend all of our progression raid nights from start to finish (this is vitally important and failure to do so will result in your removal from guild)?
Yes, I will raid any night you tell me.

14. Post or provide a link to a screenshot of your UI in a raid situation (ie. killing a boss).
I haven't raided with my current UI as I only made it today. I can give you a vanilla UI picture and then repost another when I pug a raid.
https://2img.net/h/i579.photobucket.com/albums/ss238/Damo445/WoWScrnShot_041811_185642.jpg
Sorry :'(

Other
15. Anything else you want to add? Tell us a Joke!
Skriker says your all bad and wither in his glory, but I'm willing to punch him in the throat when I see him at work. Very Happy

2Grimmblade 354 Warlock  Empty Re: Grimmblade 354 Warlock Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:47 am

Ishkafel

Ishkafel

Alright.. Im going to do a rare thing and go easy on this one since your obviously relatively new to the endgame/raiding scene.

First things first your statement about Mana Feed. Its actually one of the best talents atm and shouldn't be skipped. It should be maxed as it pretty much means you almost never have to Life Tap. Aftermath is also completely useless outside of PvP. Nether Protection is much more usefull in a raid environment and should be taken. Not a fan of Fear glyph, I would suggest Soulstone but its not a big deal.

Your bindings leave a lot to be desired. Some key things unbound which I would rectify. Shadowfury, RoF, Banish, Fear, Coil, Imp Summon, Demon Soul, Shadowburn.

GL with your app

PS. You dont have to send me gold in mail

3Grimmblade 354 Warlock  Empty Re: Grimmblade 354 Warlock Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:50 am

Grimmblade

cheers bro, all suggestions help me along

4Grimmblade 354 Warlock  Empty Re: Grimmblade 354 Warlock Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:52 pm

riruko

riruko

You've defeated magmaw and omnitron once... i'm not counting baradin hold because that doesn't require raid awareness or whatsoever in there.
So what's your answer on this? Have you watched any videos relating to heroic attempts since we're doing heroics now, or know anything about neffarian or cho gall fights?

5Grimmblade 354 Warlock  Empty Re: Grimmblade 354 Warlock Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:41 pm

darkanubis

I'm concerned about your lack of experience, even pugs can get 8/12 quite easily.

6Grimmblade 354 Warlock  Empty Re: Grimmblade 354 Warlock Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:14 pm

Grimmblade

The only pug I've been let into with no achievements decided after Omnitron that they prefered to do a 10man guild run rather than 13 guild members and 12 non-guild. My current guild is way to slow to move into raiding aswell. Makes it hard to even get experience.

I'm currently learning Heroic fights through TankSpot and reading through my BossTactics addon aswell.

Also I've rectified my talents and removed Shadowflame inplace of Soul link. Also changed Fear over to Soulstone, but Im trying to get into another pug to see how well it pans out. I'm using a few warlocks from vodka and Blood Legion as references for my glyphing/talents.

7Grimmblade 354 Warlock  Empty Re: Grimmblade 354 Warlock Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:24 am

Grimmblade

I now have a Raid UI screenshot. This is on Cho'gall 10man (norm).
https://2img.net/h/i579.photobucket.com/albums/ss238/Damo445/WoWScrnShot_041911_124637.jpg

8Grimmblade 354 Warlock  Empty Re: Grimmblade 354 Warlock Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:45 am

Erik

Erik
Officer

tho each to his or her own UI, but there seems to be a lot of clutter on the screen, I just hope you don't tunnel dps.

DPS linked is a bit lacking but I only have recount to go by. Professions, don't worry about it so much but fool makes a good point, any progression guild won't take a gathering prof too lightly.

The thing is we are recruiting for heroic, which means your dps has to amaze us given your gear level, I just don't think you are performing well atm unless you can provide me otherwise with a full parse.

Until then this app is undecided.

http://b0sley.deviantart.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum