Reform
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Thaurissan Horde Guild.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Rudylol - Survival Hunter

+3
zethy
Erik
rudy0_0
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Rudylol - Survival Hunter Empty Rudylol - Survival Hunter Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:34 am

rudy0_0

Rudylol - Survival Hunter

Character
1. Do you have our required raiding mods (if not you will be required to have them before your first raid):
- oRA3 – Yes (As I previously don't use oRA3, I have it downloaded so when I'm accepted I will be have them ready)
- Omen3 Threat Meter – Yes
- Deus Vox Encounters – No (DXE currently have not done the encounters for cata raid. I use BigWigs instead)

- EPGP Lootmaster – Yes (same as oRA3)

2. Character
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/thaurissan/rudylol/advanced
*I use pvp gear for raiding because the of the benefits provided from the set bonuses which I will further explain in question 7 below =)

3. Is this the character you spend most / all of your time on?
Yes.

4. Did you level this character from 1-80? (required)
Yes and also to 85 as well=P

5. Do you have any worthy alts?
No

6. What is your preferred talent build? If you play a hybrid class, will you be able to respec according to the raid group's needs? If so, what other talent builds can you accommodate (skill wise and gear wise)?

I use 1/9/31 http://www.wowhead.com/talent#czZfMMZcrhcMhrRsk:Rms on most single target fights.

It really depends on the encounter as I would alter my talents here and there base on that

i.e I use
http://www.wowhead.com/talent#cZfMMZcbufMhrRsk:Rmsk0V on magmaw and possible http://www.wowhead.com/talent#cZfMMZcrhcMhrRsd:Rms on some fights a swell.

My current secondary spec is BM which I use for Arenas and some heroics tanking =p but as I've stated I alter/respec all the time so if needed I would have both spec used up for raid (one for single target dps spec and the other for a specific encounter). This is to minimize raid down time.

7. Please briefly explain how your class should equip himself for PvE. How should each statistic be considered, and why?

Agi > Hit (until capped) > Crit > Haste (until soft capped taking factors into consideration) > Mastery

Currently the stat weight of agility on a Survival hunter is about 3 times of those secondary stats (mastery, haste etc.) which is the main reason I used those pvp gear as the passive agility and the set bonuses out weights that of those current pve ilvl346 heroics equivalent.

All our secondary stats (crit, haste & mastery) are very similar with crit being a little better *for me* but crit is RNG so this is arguable.

Haste can't be compared to those 2 because it is a complicated stat, (it takes in are factors in consideration such that you will never get the full benefit from haste) the soft cap for it also differs from person to person due to latency, reaction time etc.

Right now I ignore mastery reforging them to hit/crit or even haste if possible but really there isn't a need to worry too much about our secondary stats since they are very close to each other.

*All these will very much change when the upcoming patch comes out. PvP gear will most probably not be viable for raiding anymore, MM might be a viable spec of raiding again and the value of haste might change as well. I will do what is necessary and adjust accordingly*

8. What glyphs do you use and why?

Prime Glyphs:

Explosive Shot, Kill Shot, Serpent Sting

Major Glyphs:

Disengage, Trap Launcher, Frost Trap, Master's call, Raptor Strike, concussive shot(I swap my Major Glyphs depending on the type of encounter and my task on that fight)

9. List the value of your relevant stats:

Attack Power: 11342
Haste: 4.80%
Hit: 8.05%
Crit: 24.77%
Mastery: 11.80

10. What are your professions? How do your professions assist you in raiding?

Leatherworking & Jewelcrafting.

The combination of both profession perks give the highest agility stat boost. Jewelcrafting provides an extra 81 agi while leatherworking provides 130 agi compare to the 50crit currently available right now.

11. Do you have any rare patterns/recipes etc. that would benefit the guild? What are they?
No sorry.

12. Have/Had you completed:
- Molten Core Attunement – No
- Blackwing Lair Attunement - No
- Karazhan Attunement - No
- SSC / TK Attunement - No
- BT / Mount Hyjal Attunement - No

13. List your reputation standings with the following factions.
Ashtongue Deathsworn: Friendly
Argent Dawn: Friendly
Brood of Nozdormu: Hated oh wtf lol
Cenarion Circle: Neutral
Hydraxian Waterlords: Friendly
The Scale of the Sands: Friendly
The Violet Eye: Friendly
Zandalar Tribe: Neutral
Argent Crusade: Revered
Kirin Tor: Exalted
Knights of the Ebon Blade: Exalted
Wyrmrest Accord: Honored
The Sons of Hodir: Exalted
Horde Expedition: Exalted
Ashen Verdict: Exalted

*I've listed the reps for this expansion as well since I thought it would be relevant*

Dragonmaw Clan: Exalted
Guardians of Hyjal: Exalted
Hellscream's Reach: Exalted
Ramkahen: Exalted
The Earthern Ring: Exalted
Therazane: Exalted

14. Do you have any legendaries, rare exalted reputations or achievements that will assist the guild?
No Sad sorry.

Social
15. Your real name?
Yuan

16. How old are you?

17. What location do you play WoW from? What is the timezone there? (GMT+?) How do daylight savings changes affect you (note the adjustment of server time by an hour may compound with an adjustment in your time zone by an hour as well)?
Melbourne (GMT+10) which is the same as server time and shifts accordingly when daylight saving happens so there is no issue.

18. List all Reform members you know and how you know them. What will they have to say about you?
I don't currently know any Reform members but I would love to =D

19. List your previous guilds, ranks / responsibilities in those guilds, and reasons why you are no longer in those guilds (go into detail with this question).

Zu Mountain

I'm currently in a private guild, started by a few of my real life friends, this guild is more like a housing for our alts (although I have none) or for some of us that are just enjoying the game casually. Since we do not have the numbers to raid , if any of us wanted to we would go and join pugs.

Few weeks before 4.0.1 launched I wanted to raid and progress so I started recruiting and led a team to experience some progression. Shortly after getting our Lich King Normal Kill I had to take a couple of weeks off due to my finals and came back 1 week after the expansion hit.
I'm leaving because I enjoy raid progression which is what my current guild cannot offer me right now and starting my own team again like I did would not be a visible choice due to management issues from my experience.

20. If possible, provide a link to your previous guild's DKP/EPGP site.
N/A

21. If possible, provide a link to a recent WWS/WoL report with your previous guild.
Unfortunately I currently do not have a report for you guys since I've been unsuccessful with pugs but I will try my best to get one and post it up. =(

Gameplay
22. How many hours and at what times do you play each week?
My hours of play really depends i.e I generally play more upon release of content/patch where there's stuff needed to be done like grinding new reps/recipes etc.
With that added I probably play on average 4-6hrs/day

My playing times are generally at night 8pm-12am( this is really just a rough estimation =P)

23. Please list your /played (Total time played and Time played this level).
Total time played: 43 days 4 hours
Total time played this level: 9 days 15 hours

24. What World of Warcraft PvE end-game experience do you have on this character (Pre-BC, BC and WoTLK – go into detail with WoTLK ICC and the roles you have played)?
ICC10 12/12 Normal - Range DPS and Raid Leader

25. Learning a new boss will most likely involve using a large quantity of consumables and having a large repair bill. Are you self-sufficient when it comes to being prepared with consumables and gold?
Yes consumables and gold are not of an issue.

26. Having at least the best gear obtainable outside of raid instances is mandatory, and they should be enchanted and socketed with the best enchants and gems. Do you meet this requirement?

Yes with only exception being my chest enchant as I will be replacing my chest piece shortly after this coming reset, i use mighty stats instead pf peerless as a substitute.

27. Are you able to attend all of our progression raid nights from start to finish (this is vitally important and failure to do so will result in your removal from guild)?
Yes. I have no problem attending raid at all.

28. Post or provide a link to a screenshot of your UI in a raid situation (ie. killing a boss).
https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img190/6048/wowscrnshot011811162937.jpg

29. Do you PvP? Are you interested in rated BG's / Arena?
Yes. I do rate arenas and very interested in rated BGs.

30. What World of Warcraft PvP experience do you have?
Rated arena. I have not tried rate BGs yet all my BG experiences are from random BGs.

31. What are your reasons for applying to join Reform, over another guild?
I am applying because I am interested in joining you guys as a 25m progression guild, I really enjoy the raiding environment in a 25m more than a 10m and also, I have cravings for progression.

Like chocolate.

32. Are you currently applying to any other guilds?
No

33. Being able to communicate on Vent is mandatory. Do you have the ability to speak on Vent? Will you?
Yes I do speak when required, communication is key on some encounters.

34. Do you have a stable internet connection?
Yes. iiNet ADSL2+

35. Are you prone to getting capped/shaped/etc?
Not at all I'm blessed with 200gb =D

36. List some of the specs of the computer you play WoW on.
Intel i5 750
4.00GB RAM
ATI Radeon HD 5830

37. Describe what you think is your defining quality. What will make us want to recruit you over someone else? Realise that a majority of applications contain some variant of a "want to be the best" (this is a great question to convey your personality).

Raid content of course is what we raiders strife for and I believe I can offer my assistants in your progression as a reliable and responsible member to the guild.

That being said I am not the raider that only has the intention to just turn up for raid and leave after, I offer my help to others in need if possible because I don't neglect guildies and I will never be that asshole that G quits after getting some epics.

Even though I have only 42 days of played time, there's nothing to be shy about and it does not affect me in anyway or make me lesser of a player.
I keep myself updated and stay focused so I know what I'm doing, I seek to improve my game play and most importantly learn from past mistakes.

This I think is what a player needs to excel and what I can offer as quality aspects to the guild.

38. How many achievement points do you have?

39. Are you interested in contributing towards guild achievements?
***Hell yes***

40. Do you have your epic flying mount training?
No, unfortunately. My mount is currently on 280% as I needed to priorities my spending, getting 310% is not quite on the list yet.

41. How fast have you leveled previously and how fast are you expecting to level to 85?

Previously I leveled from 1-80 in 8 /played days during wrath without heirlooms or RAF bonus since this is my first character some of these stuff aren't accessible to me yet.

Now my hunter is already at 85, it took me about 2 live days to level from 80-85, started in the afternoon 3 and ended the next day Midnight.

42. Have you answered all questions wholly?
Yes

43. Anything else you want to add?
Thanks for taking the time to review my application. Looking forward to your reply soon!

2Rudylol - Survival Hunter Empty Re: Rudylol - Survival Hunter Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:42 pm

Erik

Erik
Officer

please log out in pve gear

also, are you finding cata raid content hard given you've only experienced a nerfed to hell icc?

http://b0sley.deviantart.com

3Rudylol - Survival Hunter Empty Re: Rudylol - Survival Hunter Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:12 pm

zethy

but .. but.. hes asian

4Rudylol - Survival Hunter Empty Re: Rudylol - Survival Hunter Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:39 pm

rudy0_0

You missed the bit below my armory link where i said i use pvp gear for raiding coz of the benefits from the set bonuses

Anyway no i've never felt that going from wrath icc to cata raids have a big difference in difficulty (i've never thought about comparing them actually). All if not most raids revolve around being able to observe, react and multitask.

5Rudylol - Survival Hunter Empty Re: Rudylol - Survival Hunter Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:07 am

Erik

Erik
Officer

regardless zethy lol, rudy post a parse of your dps if you can, BH or any other raids you are doing. call me skeptical. dw I've seen the dungeon dps but I'd like to see you perform in a raid.

I'll get one of our hunters to have a look at this too.

keep in mind, pvp gear applying for raiding position is never good regardless the explanation simple because resilience means jack

6Rudylol - Survival Hunter Empty Re: Rudylol - Survival Hunter Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:15 pm

unholysin

unholysin
Officer

...and pvp set bonuses getting nerfed soon so they won't be pve options soon.

7Rudylol - Survival Hunter Empty Re: Rudylol - Survival Hunter Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:22 am

rudy0_0

i'm confused as of the issue of my gear, would it net me a better chance if i change back to my heroic pve given that it would simply diminish my dps?

further more i've already stated on my app that i will adjust accordingly when the patch hits; probably my fault as i should have kept it simpler

anyway the dungeon dps wasn't really intentional sorry if i've misled you
I've manage to get hold of a recent 25BH that i've done
edit: link wasn't working before
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-rk6chm01iyfm9k02/sum/damageDone/?s=439&e=708
*this is with the gear as mentioned*

8Rudylol - Survival Hunter Empty Re: Rudylol - Survival Hunter Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:24 am

fearom

fearom

I'd say it's a pretty solid app, and the argaloth parse looks pretty good. Not sure about your UI though, seems like a lot of space with no buttons and key bindings, are you missing out on some utility perhaps? How do you find yourself in movement intensive encounters?

Goodluck on your application by the way.

9Rudylol - Survival Hunter Empty Re: Rudylol - Survival Hunter Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:26 am

Erik

Erik
Officer

Let me clear up the confusion, naturally being a pve guild, when I saw that you used PVP gear I wasn't expecting a full set of PVP gear. Which is why I asked if you can log out in your PvE gear.

Again what I meant was that any PvE progression guild will view an applicant with caution when they have a full set of PvP gear epsecially given they do not have the experience to match.

Biased perhaps, but it's been proven over and over that we need to be careful with these applications.

The dungeon dps comment was actually a compliment, I have no idea why you took that the wrong way. I was merely acknowledging it's good dps but I would rather see a raid parse which you provided later which was good.

That said I do believe we need a hunter, position might vary so I cannot promise a core spot but I can accept you as trial.

10Rudylol - Survival Hunter Empty Re: Rudylol - Survival Hunter Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:27 pm

havok

havok
Officer

Hi Yuan.

Pst me, Erick, Unholysin, Doag or lumi for inv to guild.

Accepted for trial.

11Rudylol - Survival Hunter Empty Re: Rudylol - Survival Hunter Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:26 am

zethy

o of course erick:P
im asian too but im fail omgz lol

12Rudylol - Survival Hunter Empty Re: Rudylol - Survival Hunter Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:54 am

Fool

Fool

He joined Quantum, such a shame.

Best of luck Rudylol.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum