Reform
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Thaurissan Horde Guild.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Protection Warrior - Dislocater

+2
Niktaf
dislocater
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Protection Warrior - Dislocater Empty Protection Warrior - Dislocater Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:01 pm

dislocater

Character
1. Character (feel free to include any alts)
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/thaurissan/dislocater/advanced
2. What is your preferred talent build?
5/2/34, Simply because rage is not an issue for me atm, so i can afford to drop a point from Shield specilization and drop Gag order completly as it is only usefull for a small handful of fights. Allowing me to cap Safegaurd, which assist greatly on fights like Heroic Chimearon.
3. Briefly explain your priority in stats
At the moment, Mastery>dodge=parry>stam>exp=hit. For the simple reason that exp and hit are irelevent once vengance is high enough, which is usually after all of the MD's/TOTT wear of, Aswell as Vigilance procing vengance if both tanks are tanking.
4. What glyphs do you use and why?
Prime: Revenge, Shield Slam, Devastate. I use these glyphs for the simple reason that they are the only ones that are relevant to prot, that and the excess damage is good for threat.
Major: Shockwave, Heroic Throw, Thunderclap. I use heroic throw to assist me on the pull because it allows me to use one more GCD on moves that give more threat such as shield slam or revenege. Thunderclap for fights such as nefarion, where i am needed to kite the excess range to pick them up on the start is great. Shockwave yet again for more threat.
Minor: Berserker Rage, Demoralizing Shout, Command: Simply because they are the most useful for prot in the minor glyph section.
5. Do you have any rare patterns/recipes etc. that would benefit the guild? What are they?
Negative.
Social
6. What location do you play WoW from? What is the timezone there? (GMT+?) How do daylight savings changes affect you?
I play in Queensland Australia, so yes daylight savings does effect me a tad, however seeing how they just ended it shouldn't be a problem.
7. List all Reform members you know and how you know them. What will they have to say about you?
I have done several PUG's and so on with reform members through my time, however i do not expect them to remeber me as i do not them but i hope there feedback if they do remeber would be positive.
8. List your previous guilds, ranks / responsibilities in those guilds, and reasons why you are no longer in those guilds (go into detail with this question).
Overpower - Raider: This was my first Cata raiding guild but as there times soon became ridiculous and i was no longer able to make them.
Entity - Raider: Decent guild, achieved my 12/12 and 1/13 with them, but there old maintank has just returned and they are moving to 25 player and i'm unsure how the transaction will go and how running two protection warriors will fair.
9. If possible, provide a link to a recent WWS/WoL or screenshot of recount/skada in action.
I don't want to waste your time nor mine linking a 7k dps from a boss fight as a tank. But will do if requested again.
Gameplay
10. Please list your /played (Total time)
87 days 4 hours.
11. What World of Warcraft PvE end-game experience do you have on this character (vanilla through to cata)?
This character dinged 80 at the start of icecrown and soon became my main (ex main was a prot pally) in which i cleared 12/12n and 10/12 heroic 10 man with 11/12n and 9/12 heroic 25 man. I have tanked all current content on normal mode and tanked Heroic Halfus if you wish to call that a Heroic mode and Heroic chim to sub 5% several times. I tanked all Wrath normal mode content and some hardmodes on my pally.
12. Are you self-sufficient when it comes to being prepared with consumables and gold?
Yes.
13. Are you able to attend all of our progression raid nights from start to finish (this is vitally important and failure to do so will result in your removal from guild)?
Yes.
14. Post or provide a link to a screenshot of your UI in a raid situation (ie. killing a boss).
Other
Protection Warrior - Dislocater Ms11qd
15. Anything else you want to add? Tell us a Joke!
Uhhh, sorry for my terrible spelling and grammer and as for a joke, Why didnt the skeleton go to the party Because he had no BODY to go with. (A christmas pon-pon classic).

2Protection Warrior - Dislocater Empty Re: Protection Warrior - Dislocater Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:53 pm

Niktaf

Officer

Oh look, a decent prot warrior app - haven't had one of those in a while. I think the app is solid but whether there's a position available, I will have to discuss with the other officers and such.

A few things to note:

The value of Safeguard on Chimaeron is dubious as intervening an attack during feud doesn't necessarily make it easier to heal (splitting damage) and an intervene to save a tank from a double attack outside of feud will guarantee their survival regardless. I would still use the talent for some fights but I can't think of any atm in our current heroic progression where it is necessary.

Regarding stat values, your secondary stat priority should be mastery > parry >~dodge because parry does have a higher value due to HtL. This depends on your relative stat values as well as environmental factors. Slower boss swing speeds and higher mastery values favour higher parry values. Whereas, if you're tanking crap like whelps on Halfus, HtL has a very high uptime regardless, so its value is more proportional to dodge.

Anyways, do you also have a dps offspec or are you always using your secondary spec for arms pvp. Also for your arms pvp spec, drop tactical mastery, 1 pt in drums of war and pick up imp slam and 1pt of rude interruption.

3Protection Warrior - Dislocater Empty Re: Protection Warrior - Dislocater Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:33 pm

darkanubis

Looks like a good applicant! GoodLuck!

Yah! Now Hanbeef can go back to healing Very Happy

4Protection Warrior - Dislocater Empty Re: Protection Warrior - Dislocater Mon Apr 25, 2011 2:49 am

Erik

Erik
Officer

Logs provide more than dps! but decent app I agree we'll have to see if there's a spot for now just hang in there.

http://b0sley.deviantart.com

5Protection Warrior - Dislocater Empty Re: Protection Warrior - Dislocater Mon Apr 25, 2011 3:03 am

dislocater

Awsome, thanks for taking the time to have a look.

6Protection Warrior - Dislocater Empty Re: Protection Warrior - Dislocater Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:29 am

Fusion

Fusion

I don't know if input is needed, but i've raided with Dislocater before and he's good at what he does, never lost threat or any other sort of slip up. Very Happy

7Protection Warrior - Dislocater Empty Re: Protection Warrior - Dislocater Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:49 am

Panarama

Panarama

you dont count fusion your always mia so ye, good app

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum