Reform
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Thaurissan Horde Guild.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ballar - Warrior - Tank

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Ballar - Warrior - Tank Empty Ballar - Warrior - Tank Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:30 am

Blagaquondo

Blagaquondo

Character
1. Do you have our required raiding mods (if not you will be required to have them before your first raid):
- oRA3 – Yes
- Omen3 Threat Meter – Yes
- Deus Vox Encounters – Yes
- EPGP Lootmaster – No

2. Character
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Aman%27Thul&cn=Ballar

3. Is this the character you spend most / all of your time on?
Yes, although as of late I have been leveling alts on Thaurissan

4. Did you level this character from 1-80? (required)
Yes

5. Do you have any worthy alts?
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Aman%27Thul&cn=Thardor
Depending on how things go on Thaurissan I may tranfer him across from Aman'Thul.

6. What is your preferred talent build? If you play a hybrid class, will you be able to respec according to the raid group's needs? If so, what other talent builds can you accommodate (skill wise and gear wise)?
Protection is my preferred build, I have played a Protection Warrior since i first started playing around 5 years ago, although I have been know to DPS as fury very rarely.

7. Please briefly explain how your class should equip himself for PvE. How should each statistic be considered, and why?
Currently as of 4.0.1 Mastery has become an important stat for warrior tanks. Whilst still gemming for stamina nearly always with a few exceptions, I have tried to reforge parry and dodge in Mastery whilst maintaining Dodge and Parry between 20-25% due to the changes to these stats. I've also tried to stay as close hit and expertise cap as possible to guarantee I maintain threat and Taunt never misses.

8. What glyphs do you use and why?
At the moment glyphs are pretty much set in stone, with very little variety depending on your role(Main Tank or Off-tank) within the fight as a Warrior Tank, but currently I'm using; Glyph of Revenge, Shield Slam, Devastate, Shield Wall, Shockwave, Thunder Clap, Commanding, Battle and finally Demoralizing Shout.

9. List the value of your relevant stats:
HP: 49k
Armor: 27695
Dodge: 21.70%
Parry: 19.65%
Block: 34.71%
Hit: 8.03%
Expertise: 26

10. What are your professions? How do your professions assist you in raiding?
Mining - Increases Stamina, my main stat as a tank.
Blacksmithing - Allows me to create extra sockets on Bracers and Gloves allowing extra stats and I can create high level gear to help guildies and alts prepare for raids.

11. Do you have any rare patterns/recipes etc. that would benefit the guild? What are they?
Not at the moment, only 447 Blacksmithing although i will obviously max it out come cataclysm.

12. Have/Had you completed:
- Molten Core Attunement – Yes
- Blackwing Lair Attunement - Yes
- Karazhan Attunement - No
- SSC / TK Attunement - No
- BT / Mount Hyjal Attunement - No

13. List your reputation standings with the following factions.
Ashtongue Deathsworn: Neutral
Argent Dawn: Friendly
Brood of Nozdormu: Hated
Cenarion Circle: Friendly
Hydraxian Waterlords: Friendly
The Scale of the Sands: Neutral
The Violet Eye: Exalted
Zandalar Tribe: Friendly
Argent Crusade: Exalted
Kirin Tor: Exalted
Knights of the Ebon Blade: Exalted
Wyrmrest Accord: Exalted
The Sons of Hodir: Exalted
Horde Expedition: Exalted
Ashen Verdict: Exalted

Social
14. Your real name?
David

15. How old are you?

16. What location do you play WoW from? What is the timezone there? (GMT+?) How do daylight savings changes affect you (note the adjustment of server time by an hour may compound with an adjustment in your time zone by an hour as well)? I'm playing in Melbourne, Australia. GMT 10+, 11+ with Daylight Savings (Same as Server Time).

17. List all Reform members you know and how you know them. What will they have to say about you? Ive spoken to Doag, not sure what he will say of me though.

18. List your previous guilds, ranks / responsibilities in those guilds, and reasons why you are no longer in those guilds (go into detail with this question).
Dragons of Midnight - Raider - I was a consistent raider always turning up and performing my required role (Tank or DPS). I decided to leave Dragons of Midnight because i was constantly being asked to dps when my main spec was Tank, i left just after Trial of the Crusader was released.
DESTINY - Raider - Only got invited to alt runs and a couple of officers booted a couple of raiders from main team in preference for Kingslayer pugs in order to get themselves the achievement, this resulted in a number of people leaving the guild.
RaidJuice - Raider - Joined because I had a mate in the guild, although it was a 25 man guild we consistently had to pug because of no shows and never progressed further than 7/12. Eventually i got fed up with pugging and lack of any reasonable progression and left.
BEERBEER - Trial Member - Only just joined them and they are really great guys, unfortunately about 2 days i joined they announced they were changing servers so I have been forced to look elsewhere.

19. If possible, provide a link to your previous guild's DKP/EPGP site.
None of my guilds have actually used DKP.

20. If possible, provide a link to a recent WWS/WoL report with your previous guild.
None available.

Gameplay

21. How many hours and at what times do you play each week?
Roughly 3-4 hours a night depending on the night, generally between 4pm and 11pm most nights.

22. Please list your /played (Total time played and Time played this level).
Total Time Played : 68 days, 20 Hours and 45 minutes.
Time Played at this Level: 29 Days, 22 Hours and 5 minutes.

23. What World of Warcraft PvE end-game experience do you have on this character (Pre-BC, BC and WoTLK – go into detail with WoTLK ICC and the roles you have played)?
Pre-BC: None at level 60.
BC: I started very late into the Expansion and progressed through Kara, Gruuls, Mags and part ways through SSC.
WotLK: Cleared Naxx, Maly, TotC. Unfortunately I missed most of Ulduar due to a large break i took from WoW. Through ICC10 I have done 11/12 Normal modes as both a tank (On my warrior) and a Ranged DPS (On my priest), and 5/12 on Both. (Marrowgar, LDW, Lootship, Fester and Rot). Through ICC25 I have done 10/12 as a Tank (on my warrior) and 6/12 as Ranged DPS (On my Priest), unfortunately due to lack of skilled pugs and my guilds progression I've done no HMs aside from Lootship.

24. Learning a new boss will most likely involve using a large quantity of consumables and having a large repair bill. Are you self-sufficient when it comes to being prepared with consumables and gold?
My Priest is an Alchemist which provides endless flasks and between Herbalism, Mining and Quests I always have enough gold for repair bills.

25. Having at least the best gear obtainable outside of raid instances is mandatory, and they should be enchanted and socketed with the best enchants and gems. Do you meet this requirement?
I believe i do.

26. Are you able to attend all of our progression raid nights from start to finish (this is vitally important and failure to do so will result in your removal from guild)?
Yes, I made sure I was able to before i applied. Also checked with Doag.

27. Post or provide a link to a screenshot of your UI in a raid situation (ie. killing a boss).
Will Post a picture ASAP.
28. What are your reasons for applying to join Reform, over another guild?
Spoke with Doag, your raid times suited perfectly and you are also looking to progress in 25 man raids rather than 10 mans which is also a huge incentive.

29. Are you currently applying to any other guilds?
No

30. Being able to communicate on Vent is mandatory. Do you have the ability to speak on Vent? Will you?
Yes, and I always try to be active on vent during fights.

31. Do you have a stable internet connection?
Yes

32. Are you prone to getting capped/shaped/etc?
No, happened once because of patch 4.0.1, since then usage has been increased.

33. List some of the specs of the computer you play WoW on.
2gb RAM, 1.86Ghz Dual Core Processor, 7300 GTS (512 Memory) Geforce Graphics Card.

34. Describe what you think is your defining quality. What will make us want to recruit you over someone else? Realise that a majority of applications contain some variant of a "want to be the best" (this is a great question to convey your personality). I always maintain a social part within the guild between and during raids, despite trying to maintain a high level of performance ultimately WoW is a game and there is no point raiding if you don’t enjoy what you’re doing and who you’re doing it with. Hopefully you will enjoy my company, as I hope I will enjoy yours.

35. How many achievement points do you have?

36. Do you have your epic flying mount training?
On both my priest and Warrior

37. How fast have you leveled previously and how fast are you expecting to level to 85?
I levelled from 70-80 within a week with school. So hopefully around 3-4 Days for 80-85

38. Have you answered all questions wholly?
Of course… =P

39. Anything else you want to add?
I look forward to your response and hope that you will give me the opportunity to raid with you fabulous people. I also have a mate who may be transferring either his Holy Paladin or Boomkin across; he may also be interested in joining.

2Ballar - Warrior - Tank Empty Re: Ballar - Warrior - Tank Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:32 am

Blagaquondo

Blagaquondo

Sorry, Forgot to mention you can contact me on my main on Aman'Thul Ballar, or on my Shaman on Thaurissan Drshockzoid.

3Ballar - Warrior - Tank Empty Re: Ballar - Warrior - Tank Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:20 pm

Erik

Erik
Officer

Given the gear level, there probably little chance for you to gear up for the remainder of WOTLK - if you are still keen to join us for cata, I don't see why not.

http://b0sley.deviantart.com

4Ballar - Warrior - Tank Empty Re: Ballar - Warrior - Tank Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:10 am

Blagaquondo

Blagaquondo

Cataclysm is the main reason I'm looking into your guild, as long as you guys are looking to get right into gearing and raiding, current content shouldn't be a huge issue.

5Ballar - Warrior - Tank Empty Re: Ballar - Warrior - Tank Sun Nov 14, 2010 3:00 am

Blagaquondo

Blagaquondo

https://i.servimg.com/u/f67/15/87/34/42/wowscr11.jpg

This is on my priest, i still need to get a recent one on my warrior.

6Ballar - Warrior - Tank Empty Re: Ballar - Warrior - Tank Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:45 pm

doag

doag
Admin

agreed erick! contact an officer once you transfer.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum