Reform
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Thaurissan Horde Guild.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Infernalsoul - Fire Mage

+2
Erik
Infernalsoul
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Infernalsoul - Fire Mage Empty Infernalsoul - Fire Mage Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:46 pm

Infernalsoul

Infernalsoul

Character
1. Character
Infernalsoul:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/thaurissan/infernalsoul/simple

2. What is your preferred talent build
My current fire build, I would also like to try removing two points from Burning Soul and putting them in Imp. Fireblast for an extra instant cast.

3. Briefly explain your priority in stats
While Int is always the superior stat:
Hit > Int > Crit > Haste(soft cap) > Mastery > Haste(after soft cap)

4. What glyphs do you use and why?
Prime:
Glyph of Pyroblast - 5% extra crit, fire is built around crit so this is a no brainer.
Glyph of Fireball - same as Pyroblast.
Glyph of Molten Armor - and another 2% increased crit chance while using the proper mage armor for fire.
Major
Glyph of Evocation - that extra heal during times of stress can save ones life and help take the pressure off healers.
Glyph of Dragon's Breath - great for some aoe situations or can be used as an additional interrupt on some adds.
Glyph of Polymorph - remove those dots from the poly target to ensure it remains cc'd.

5. Do you have any rare patterns/recipes etc. that would benefit the guild?
I have a few of the rare patterns from classic/BC wow and also a fair amount of the epic tailoring patterns from ToC/ICC/Cata. Also posses a number of the most loved enchanting patterns for twinks, I could list them but it could be long...

6. What location do you play WoW from?
Wellington - New Zealand. Its +2 hours SVT. Time isn't really an issue for me, my sleeping patterns are crazy enough already Smile

7. List all Reform members you know and how you know them.
Don't know anyone sorry.

8. List your previous guilds, ranks / responsibilities in those guilds, and reasons why you are no longer in those guilds.
Pugged my limited experience with Naxx/Ulduar after hitting 80.
For ToC, I was a raider with PurEnvy. Raided several times a week and enjoyed my time there, sadly they disbanded when ICC came out due to several members requiring breaks for study etc.
ICC - Core Raider -> Class Leader -> Officer for Xplicit. Started out as a 10m guild where I was a core raider, soon moved onto the 25m raids after which time I become a Class Leader, then after one of the other officers retired I became his replacement officer.
As a class leader/officer I was in charge of critiquing the other mages in the guild, making sure their talents/gear/gems/etc where to a good standard, analyzing their WoL logs after raids and comparing their performances to ensure they were pulling their weight. As an officer, I helped out with the recruitment side of the guild along with keeping an eye on the other mages.

9. If possible, provide a link to a recent WWS/WoL or screenshot of recount/skada in action.
ICC logs have expired, but can take a screenshot of recount next time I raid.

10. Please list your /played (Total time)
On this toon its over 120 days. Over 150 days on all toons combined.

11. What World of Warcraft PvE end-game experience do you have on this character (vanilla through to cata)?
While I never raided any vanilla/bc content while it was current, I have since been back and completed all dungeons/raids from these expansions several times.
WotLK raiding:
Naxx - as a recent 80 and not terribly sure what to do, I pugged the odd one here and there, never got too far though.
Ulduar - similar with Naxx, though I did pug-progress through to 8/14.
ToC - started full time raiding with a guild at this point. Weekly clears of both 10/25 raids, small progression on heroic modes - which we completed some time later.
ICC - my most serious raiding time. Started raiding ICC a couple of weeks after it came out. Cleared 11/12 normal in our core 10m group and spent a number of weeks on LK before downing him. By the time Cata came we were at 11/12 HM 10s (10m drakes also), and 8/12 HM 25s.
RS - downed regularly in 25s only normal mode though.

Have been back on the older raids (Ulduar, Nax, EoE etc) and completed many of the achievements including the drakes.

12. Are you self-sufficient when it comes to being prepared with consumables and gold?
Yes, no worries there at all.

13. Are you able to attend all of our progression raid nights from start to finish?
Yes, again no worries from this at all.

14. Post or provide a link to a screenshot of your UI in a raid situation.
As with the WoL request, I'll have to take a screenshot next time I raid and post it then. Sorry.

The following is Mandatory:
- Vent and Mic with the ability to speak when asked to
- Stable internet connection (If you have a habit of DCing think before applying)
- Playable FPS under raiding conditions
- the following Mods: Ora3, EPGP Lootmaster, Omen
Yes to all the above. Average ping during raiding is 250ms (love NZ internet) and FPS sits at a steady 60.

15. Anything else you want to add?
My Cata raiding experience is very low at the moment due to the fact my current guild has gone casual for Cata. Only downed Argaloth and Toxitron though have attempted Magmaw and Halfus. Do spend a lot of time reading up on the other fights though, I do not expect to have someone hold my hand.

Also my gear isn't exactly top-notch either. Took a break over January and am slowly catching up again.
I am a dedicated player who is willing to listen to suggestions and take on board any knowledge others have and hope I get a chance to raid with you guys.
Thanks for your time.

Tell us a Joke!
Some prisoners are sitting in Stormwind jail. They have been sentenced to a long time there for stealing the Gnome overlord's cookies. To pass the time they tell each other jokes. After a while they have told each other the same jokes so many times that they just number them. "Do you remember number 24?" The Tauren asks, and they all chuckle. "What about number 35?" The Troll adds and they grin. "Ha, number 32!" The Orc says and they all laugh except the newest prisoner, and Undead, who falls about laughing on the floor until he is crying. Eventually he quiets down, and the Orc asks:" Why did you find that one so funny?" The Undead replies: "I've never heard it before!"

Well I found it amusing, from my many hours spent on wow-bash Smile

(p.s.) I used the template as requested but noticed some of the other applications are different, not sure if there is another template lying around - if there is I'm happy to fill that one out also. Thanks.

Edit: Please excuse my currently equipped gear - the amory is taking time to update...

2Infernalsoul - Fire Mage Empty Re: Infernalsoul - Fire Mage Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:58 am

Erik

Erik
Officer

Solid app, and dw I get the joke haha I'll get a few more officers and raiders to have a look at the app and we'll see what they say Smile

PS I actually trimmed down the app by a fair amount to gain the right amount of information that would neither bore us or you from reading/answering it Razz

http://b0sley.deviantart.com

3Infernalsoul - Fire Mage Empty Re: Infernalsoul - Fire Mage Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:36 am

Fool

Fool

Looks good to me, just do me a favour and finish off your Therazane rep for the epic shoulder enchant, replace your lightweave with rank 2 and your chest with Mighty stats.

4Infernalsoul - Fire Mage Empty Re: Infernalsoul - Fire Mage Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:53 am

darkanubis

Not an officer or anything, but seems like a good player, have alot of wrath raid experience, however it may help having the BiS pre-raid gear from heroics, especially for trinkets, the volcanic deck is awesum! and you have +20hit enchant to teir gloves, which isnt ideal. And may I also suggest a shot of your UI and maybe a recount/log of you in a BH run? Smile

Goodluck on App!!

5Infernalsoul - Fire Mage Empty Re: Infernalsoul - Fire Mage Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:17 am

Infernalsoul

Infernalsoul

Fool wrote:Replace your lightweave with rank 2 and your chest with Mighty stats.

Done and done. Working on the rep now.

As for the +20hit to tier gloves its because I am still 0.06% under hitcap. Most of my gemming and reforging is centered around hit rating, it sucks, but oh well.

I would like a volcano deck, currently can't afford it - well I could, but it would leave me a little broke - spent a bit on belt/pants + leveling professions recently.

Weapons are pvp (lol), haven't had any luck with heroic drops. Try to crank through a few heroics each day but queueing as dps can be fun Smile
Am doing my best to get through the heroics to gear up, but I'm sure any dps can appreciate the difficulty of the LFD at the moment.

Cheers for the input, I'll make sure I get some screenshots of my UI/recount from a BH run on Wednesday, thanks Smile

Last edited by Infernalsoul on Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:25 am; edited 1 time in total

6Infernalsoul - Fire Mage Empty Re: Infernalsoul - Fire Mage Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:18 am

Goraax

Goraax

Any reason you reforge crit->hit on ur pants instead of haste->hit ?

Crit's pretty much a fire mages best stat, and you generally wanna be reforging other shit stats into crit.

Other than that, gear seems to be the best that u have access to, enchants/gems all look good aswell (blue to red gem ratio is perfect, no excess blues, considering meta is still bugged).

Also, I personally find Pyromaniac to be a useless talent on early content. Just curious as to what fights you think its good on?

7Infernalsoul - Fire Mage Empty Re: Infernalsoul - Fire Mage Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:29 am

Infernalsoul

Infernalsoul

Goraax wrote:Any reason you reforge crit->hit on ur pants instead of haste->hit ?

Fixed, mistake on my part.

Also, I personally find Pyromaniac to be a useless talent on early content. Just curious as to what fights you think its good on?

Yep agreed, though as I am currently only running heroics I find the haste bonus useful for clearing all the trash.

8Infernalsoul - Fire Mage Empty Re: Infernalsoul - Fire Mage Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:54 am

Goraax

Goraax

Sounds good. Yea, I just preferred clearcasting for low lvl gear, but pyro will start becoming useful in heroics.

9Infernalsoul - Fire Mage Empty Re: Infernalsoul - Fire Mage Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:49 pm

Infernalsoul

Infernalsoul

Goraax wrote:Sounds good. Yea, I just preferred clearcasting for low lvl gear, but pyro will start becoming useful in heroics.

Yea I had considered putting a few points there, but currently I am not running into serious mana issues.
Mind you, I do use Scorch quite a bit currently as opposed to fireball spamming - Elitist Jerks say its roughly a 5% dps drop but with my current gear I have found scorch to be better than Fireball.

I do use Fireball during Lust/Warp or when Hourglass kicks in as the increased haste makes it more attractive. Due to my low haste, if I use Fireball as my main filler the number of Pyroblasts! I get is minimal to say the least, crank out the much quicker Scorches and I usually get a fair number rolling through.

I am sure as my gear improves and my haste/crit is at a more desirable percentages, Fireball will become the primary filler with Scorch just used during times of movement or for that last second before LB explodes.

10Infernalsoul - Fire Mage Empty Re: Infernalsoul - Fire Mage Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:56 pm

unholysin

unholysin
Officer

Looks good, accepted for trial. Pst Unholysin, Erick, Zethy or Luminastus in game for invite.

11Infernalsoul - Fire Mage Empty Re: Infernalsoul - Fire Mage Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:44 pm

Goraax

Goraax

Yep, Fireball should eventually become your main nuke (except for when you need to move, scorch then).

But currently if you need to cast scorch alot, and your scorch cast times are < 1 second (during haste procs/lust) try to avoid casting 2 scorches in a row, you lose time to GCD.

12Infernalsoul - Fire Mage Empty Re: Infernalsoul - Fire Mage Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:04 pm

Infernalsoul

Infernalsoul

Cheers, I'll be on tonight and say my farewells to my current guild then ask for an invite.

Thanks!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum