Reform
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Thaurissan Horde Guild.

You are not connected. Please login or register

ACCEPTED Syrendra - Fire mage

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1ACCEPTED Syrendra - Fire mage Empty ACCEPTED Syrendra - Fire mage Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:56 pm

Syrendra

Character
1. Do you have our required raiding mods (if not you will be required to have them before your first raid):
- oRA3 – Yes
- Omen3 Threat Meter – Yes
- Deus Vox Encounters – Yes
- EPGP Lootmaster – Yes

Character
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/thaurissan/syrendra/advanced - working towards power torrent as i am a little bit poor at the moment because i recently bought Volc deck which i will be able to use on Sunday Very Happy Very Happy

Is this the character you spend most / all of your time on?
Yes

Did you level this character from 1-85? (required)
Of cores

Do you have any worthy alts?

I did in wrath, but I haven’t gotten around to leveling them all to 85 yet.
I have a Pally tank - thinking going holy when I decide to level him
Also have resto/ele shammy
Both are in fairly decent icc gear

6. What is your preferred talent build? If you play a hybrid class, will you be able to respec according to the raid group's needs? If so, what other talent builds can you accommodate (skill wise and gear wise)?

Fire - By far the best dps output of any mage spec with incredibly useful snares and other survivability spells/talents.
Can’t really play a hybrid spec anymore and mage don’t change THAT much with a different spec.
But, if i’m somehow completely wrong, i’ll do anything

7. Please briefly explain how your class should equip himself for PvE. How should each statistic be considered, and why?

Int > Hit (until capped) > crit > Haste (until soft capped) > mastery

8. What glyphs do you use and why?
Prime:
Fireball - Pyroblast - Molten Armor - All increase crit which increase my overall dps and mana regen
Major:
Blast wave - The extra second slow helps a lot on fights where add control is a must e.g. Magmaw
Polymorph - improved cc = profit Smile
Evocation - Probably not the best glyph i can use in that slot but it comes in handy when healers are too busy spamming the tank to give dps any kind of decent heal

List the value of your relevant stats:

All unbuffed:
Int - 4560
Spell Power - 6504
Hit - 17.23%
Crit - 21.51%
Haste - 4.26%
Mastery - 11.74

10. What are your professions? How do your professions assist you in raiding?

Tailoring - Every new raid content usually has crafted gear as close to bis gear that usually replaces the missing teir piece people don’t go for. Also cloak enchant.
Jewelcrafting - The best gems

11. Do you have any rare patterns/recipes etc. that would benefit the guild? What are they?
I have all cata tailoring patterns, but this isn’t really that uncommon now :/

12. Have/Had you completed:
- Molten Core Attunement – Yes
- Blackwing Lair Attunement - Yes
- Karazhan Attunement - No
- SSC / TK Attunement - No
- BT / Mount Hyjal Attunement - Yes

13. List your reputation standings with the following factions.
Ashtongue Deathsworn: Honored
Argent Dawn: Exalted
Brood of Nozdormu: Revered
Cenarion Circle: Exalted
Hydraxian Waterlords: Honored
The Scale of the Sands: Honored
The Violet Eye: Friendly
Zandalar Tribe: Friendly
Argent Crusade: Exalted
Kirin Tor: Exalted
Knights of the Ebon Blade: Exalted
Wyrmrest Accord: Exalted
The Sons of Hodir: Exalted
Horde Expedition: Exalted
Ashen Verdict: Exalted

14. Do you have any legendaries, rare exalted reputations or achievements that will assist the guild?

Rep - I don’t think so
Legendaries - I recently soloed Ragnoros and his eye dropped. So if i were to get my hands on the hammer I could make the legendary weapon Smile

Social
15. Your real name?
David

16. How old are you?

17. What location do you play WoW from? What is the timezone there? (GMT+?) How do daylight savings changes affect you (note the adjustment of server time by an hour may compound with an adjustment in your time zone by an hour as well)?

Syd Australia - Sever time is my time

18. List all Reform members you know and how you know them. What will they have to say about you?

I don’t know anyone personally.

19. List your previous guilds, ranks / responsibilities in those guilds, and reasons why you are no longer in those guilds (go into detail with this question).

20. If possible, provide a link to your previous guild's DKP/EPGP site.
N/A

21. If possible, provide a link to a recent WWS/WoL report with your previous guild.
N/A

Gameplay
22. How many hours and at what times do you play each week?

Most nights from 7ish - 10/11. Depends if I have to get up early
Sundays - I play most of Sunday

23. Please list your /played (Total time played and Time played this level).
Total: 101 days, 14 hours, 8 minutes, 49 seconds - Precision FTW!!
This level: 19 days, 4 hours, 44 minutes, 4 seconds - all those 4s are legit by the way Razz Pretty much the greatest fluke of my life haha

What World of Warcraft PvE end-game experience do you have on this character (Pre-BC, BC and WoTLK – go into detail with WoTLK ICC and the roles you have played)?

I only started playing WoW when wrath was about to be released, and being the biggest noob ever at the time I probably made 15+ toons and the deleted them. But, I finally hit 80 about 2 months before Uld was released.
I only really ever think i was any good at raiding by the time toc came out. By then i had cleared naxx and most of uld with only a few HMs (eventually came back to get uld drakes 10 and 25 (I was the raidleader of the pug that got the full clear all HM run + algalon)). Some guild issues meant I only did 10 togc and never really got 25 man except with pugs (HAHA!). ICC - i cleared to LK 10 without the buff, but was unable to down LK till 10% buff Sad 25 man was much worse since i was still pugging it till about 25% buff where i found a very good group that later became one of the first gdkp runs of icc. It was a while till i got 25 LK but, i finished wrath with 12/12 HM 10 man and 8/12 HM 25 man

25. Learning a new boss will most likely involve using a large quantity of consumables and having a large repair bill. Are you self-sufficient when it comes to being prepared with consumables and gold?

Yes

26. Having at least the best gear obtainable outside of raid instances is mandatory, and they should be enchanted and socketed with the best enchants and gems. Do you meet this requirement?

Yes

27. Are you able to attend all of our progression raid nights from start to finish (this is vitally important and failure to do so will result in your removal from guild)?

Yes - I may be late on some Sundays (only by 15-20 mins tops) but otherwise I can warn officers if I cannot make the raid night days before the actual night.

Post or provide a link to a screenshot of your UI in a raid situation (ie. killing a boss).

https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/f/picture1rlc.png/ - Couldn’t get a screenshot of a boss kill as I was saved to BH already Sad this was the next best ting I could think of without having to go find a pug for BoT or something.

Do you PvP? Are you interested in rated BG's / Arena?

I do in my spare time, it’s not really that high on my ‘to do list’ haha
Rated BG’s would be very fun imo and wouldn’t mind trying it out

What World of Warcraft PvP experience do you have?

Not much arena wise - only started arena with mates in cata
BG - can’t really say since rated BG’s only came out with this expansion and I don’t have a team but I have a few achieves which probably mean nothing to you Razz

Other
31. What are your reasons for applying to join Reform, over another guild?
You are actually progressing, and since you are a 25 man guild there is very little chance that you will actually completely fall apart like a lot of my 10 man guilds have.

32. Are you currently applying to any other guilds?
No

33. Being able to communicate on Vent is mandatory. Do you have the ability to speak on Vent? Will you?
I have a working mic - Yes, if it is required

34. Do you have a stable internet connection?
Yes

35. Are you prone to getting capped/shaped/etc?
No

36. List some of the specs of the computer you play WoW on.

I use a mac. Yes i know, very awkward but i have to mention it sometime Razz
It, however, works far better then any computer I have played WoW on before (not many but still! Razz )
ATI Radeon HD 4670 processor with 4 gigs of RAM

Describe what you think is your defining quality. What will make us want to recruit you over someone else? Realise that a majority of applications contain some variant of a "want to be the best" (this is a great question to convey your personality).

I believe that I am very patient and will wipe all night even if it doesn’t look like we’re going anywhere with the fight. I ALWAYS research fights, even if I’ve read the page/watch the vid 50 times already I will watch it again before my first pull and so I probable learn new fights faster then most. I constantly think of new ways to approach a fight even if we’re downing it with ease or the vid says to do it this way, so I guess I actually think, unlike most of the WoW populace. Razz

38. How many achievement points do you have?

39. Are you interested in contributing towards guild achievements?
Very much so

40. Do you have your epic flying mount training?
Of corse

41. Have you answered all questions wholly?
I mentioned I have a mac..... I'm pretty sure you can't be more open then that Razz

42. Anything else you want to add?

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum