Reform
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Thaurissan Horde Guild.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Strigar - Warrior protection tank application

+5
Ishkafel
darkanubis
zethy
Fool
Strigar
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Strigar

1. Character

Strigar (85 warrior protection tank)
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/thaurissan/strigar/simple

2. What is your preferred talent build

2/5/34 as it gives the most survival and a fair amount of threat gen.

3. Briefly explain your priority in stats

Mastery is my highest priority as it links directly to threat gen because of my spec and damage mitigation, then i would go for dodge then parry for avoidance, this way it's easier on the healers, also i would prefer dodge over parry because i remember in wrath they implemented a mechanics where the boss hits faster after every successful parry. Then i would go for stam, i also believe cata tanking do not require much hit or expertise anymore.

4. What glyphs do you use and why?

Prime :

Glyph of Shield Slam, Glyph of Devastate, Glyph of Revenge, Pretty self explainatory, Threat gen, Threat gen, Threat gen.

Major:

Glyph of Cleave, Glyph of Resonating Power, Glyph of Shockwave, Reason - Aoe Threat.

Minor:

Glyph of Battle, Glyph of Berserker Rage, Glyph of Demoralizing shout, Reason - In a raid, we almost always have some sort of stam buff, so no need for Glyph of Command, Glyph of Battle increases my Avoidance and threat gen. Glyph of Demo Shout is just simply awesome and so is Glyph of Berserker Rage.

5. Do you have any rare patterns/recipes etc. that would benefit the guild? What are they?

Sorry, I do not have any.

Social
6. What location do you play WoW from? What is the timezone there? (GMT+?) How do daylight savings changes affect you?

I play wow from Brisbane (Australia) GMT+10, i believe that daylight savings do not affect me.

7. List all Reform members you know and how you know them. What will they have to say about you?

Calyter, he is my real life mate, he will say that i am a dedicated player who can perform in raids well.

8. List your previous guilds, ranks / responsibilities in those guilds, and reasons why you are no longer in those guilds (go into detail with this question).

I was a raid leader back in burning crusade, the guild was Simplicity i think (this was 3 years ago), the reason i left is because i took a break from wow back then, which will not happen again because i just started playing and plans to play for a very very long time, possibly years.

9. If possible, provide a link to a recent WWS/WoL or screenshot of recount/skada in action.

I'm a tank, i don't really screenshot my recount sorry.
But here's something i just screenshot, it seems this is a very important step.

https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/i/screenshotforapplicatio.jpg/

Gameplay
10. Please list your /played (Total time)

probably somewhere around 400 days.

11. What World of Warcraft PvE end-game experience do you have on this character (vanilla through to cata)?

On this character? Not much, ICC 10/12, BWD 2/6 (attempted 3rd boss) 10man.

12. Are you self-sufficient when it comes to being prepared with consumables and gold?

Of course, yes i am.

13. Are you able to attend all of our progression raid nights from start to finish (this is vitally important and failure to do so will result in your removal from guild)?

Yes i am.

14. Post or provide a link to a screenshot of your UI in a raid situation (ie. killing a boss).

I am extremely sorry for not able to answer this question as i can't get a raid easily, but i will explain my ui, i have xperl unitframes and omen positioned rather in the middle of the screen, and i use the default blizzard raid ui because that is now quite decent, i have my mini map where it is and action bars are all blizzard default, Reason for the large amount of blizzard default ui is because i used to pvp a lot back then and in pvp tournaments you are not allowed any ui except default so i thought i might as well, of course, i don't pvp anymore, and is now focused solely on raiding.

Other
15. Anything else you want to add? Tell us a Joke!

Blizzard merged with Activision.

Fool

Fool

I'm sorry, but it appears you're not def capped and this could be quite an issue.

Strigar

Please elaborate, i thought they removed def cap.

Fool

Fool

Ignore Fool, he's drunk. I have a few issues.

1) Professions - None are maxxed.
2) You'll still need HIT if you're on bitch duty... I mean interrupt duty. At least until 4.1
3) You've got most of the important shit bound, I don't see pots anywhere though.

I'm not sure how our current tanking situation is, but could you please log out in your DPS gear, thanks.

Strigar

If you need me to be a certain stat, i can reverse some of the reforge stats, that's not a problem, professions will be maxed in the future, when i have enough gold, i'm working on it, pots, i will bound them when i get them, shouldn't be a problem Smile, got plenty of keys to bind with.

Fool

Fool

The second 2 don't really mean squat to me, but professions are a must. It costs about ~10k gold to get 2 max crafting professions.

Also, your forging is fine, don't change a thing.

zethy

1 point in gag order seems rather pointless i'd rather get piercing howl overall decent app u seem to know what u are doing, would be good to see u in action. though yeah pls lvl up ur prof asap and hmm whats the reason behind the parry->dodge reforge.

zethy

o also lol ignore fool about his 'need hit for interrupt' and 'need defence cap' lol

Strigar

Everytime after a successful parry, the boss will hit faster and faster. that's why dodge is a beautiful thing. If i run this through my mates, i might be able to get prof ready really soon, but i might need to use some of the guild perks for easier profession leveling Razz.

zethy

Everytime after a successful parry, the boss will hit faster and faster.

i suggest u quickly delete that post and learn more about it Razz

Fool

Fool

Zethy, he is talking about Parry-haste, which doesn't exist in current content.

zethy

fool u are a fool lol

Fool

Fool

Zethy you are drunk. Go to bed.

Strigar

I'm so confused :O, maybe some of us old raiders are just prefers dodge hehe, kungen seems to agree Razz, night guys, talk to yas tomorrow Smile

zethy

lol fine let me eleborate.

1st ur foundamental mistake here this Parry u are talking about strigar is when Ur attack parry (affected by ur expertise) not the Boss's attack Parry on u (which is affected by ur parry rating) not to mention the parry-haste or the even earlier parry reset swing timer no longer exist.

Parry and dodge just avoidance wise are the same now (where as parry used to suffer much more from DR which is no longer true.) but due to the talent 'hold the line' stats parry itself is superior.

Fool

Fool

Zethy beat me to it but...

You will prefer parry over dodge due to how Hold the Line Works. Hold the Line is +10% critical strike chance and critical block chance after a successful parry. Having better parry helps support this effect.

Either way, you want to keep them kind of balanced. And.... Kungen is not a very good basis for how to gem/reforge/masturbate.

If I were to copy Sejta (sp?), I'd have all stam gems in my gear and would be raged at by the healers for sponging mana.

Fool

Fool

I think you scared him away Zethy.

zethy

i dunno what u are talking about where kungen has 16%+ parry over under 12% dodge his parry rating is almost twice as much as his dodge rating and yes at that point u would want to reforge parry into dodge coz of DR.

but of cource hold the line is more or less trivial what the tanks do is they reforce the higher rating between parry dodge to the lower one coz of dr depend on ur gear.

u are just copying him without knowing the reason, even though u have much more dodge than parry urself

Strigar

Cool, Thanks. Guess i got some reforging to do, man almost 2am, 4 hour sleep til uni maths course, gg me, plus, looking at kungen's gear is purely for guidance purposes, came back to tank at 85, can't just wing it, lol.

Fool

Fool

Welcome to the 3hours/night club.

Also, WTB KFC breakfast menu. C'mon Sykon, hook a brother up!

Ninja edit: Main Tanks for top10 guilds are rarely a good way to base your choices on.

Last edited by Fool on Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:45 am; edited 1 time in total

zethy

gnite but yeah overall it doesnt matter too much, ur actual raid awareness cd usage etc would be much more important

darkanubis

Gear seems to be lacking abit atm, but skill/dedication > gear Very Happy

That is all..

Ishkafel

Ishkafel

darkanubis wrote:skill/dedication > gear Very Happy

who are u and what have u done with dark

Strigar

Yep , i might not be the most geared tank out there, but i can promise a raid attendance of 99% and full dedication, gearing up is easy once i start raiding, only few hundred valor points off tier 11 legs (ilvl359 ones), soon as i get that, fully gemmed and epic leg armor will be in use, also i have great confidence in my wow skills, i have confidence in myself to understand the fights and execute them well, for the past year, i have been casually pvping with some of my mates, and i've got rogue/priest to 2.8, shaman rogue warlock to 2.2, druid rogue to 2k (stopped playing cuz it was boring), warrior paladin to 2.1k, mage rogue to 1.9k, of course, they changed pvp quite a bit since then, but the point i'm trying to make is that i can adapt to new things at a very fast rate, also, i thank you guys for paying so much attention to my application but i've yet to receive a firm answer as to whether i am been processed / accepted or not, would really like to know, thank you.

p.s in my opinion, if you can execute strategies well in pvp arenas, then pve shouldn't be much of a problem as pvp strategies varies from opponent to opponent and you don't have a set of strategy you can follow every single opponent, you need to be quick to change targets / cc targets and so forth, if you are able to do that, then following instructions in raids should be no problem.

Last edited by Strigar on Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:33 pm; edited 3 times in total

Erik

Erik
Officer

Well I'm impressed with your dedication so far and very good attitude so I vote yes, contact lumi, niktaf, zethy, unholysin or luminastus online.

Well not me coz I'm about to goto work lol

ps do read up on some of the things zethy and fool hav ementioned

Last edited by Erik on Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

http://b0sley.deviantart.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum