Reform
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Thaurissan Horde Guild.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sylvánas - 85 Goblin Shadow Priest

+2
Ishkafel
Sylvanas
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Sylvánas - 85 Goblin Shadow Priest Empty Sylvánas - 85 Goblin Shadow Priest Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:20 pm

Sylvanas

Character
1. Character (feel free to include any alts)
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/thaurissan/sylv%c3%a1nas/simple

2. What is your preferred talent build
Shadow

3. Briefly explain your priority in stats
Int > SP > Haste > Crit/Mastery (After being close to hit cap)

4. What glyphs do you use and why?
Glyph of Mind Flay – +10% base face-melt damage, and increases the intensity of the blue beam.
Glyph of Shadow Word: Pain – +10% extra pain.
Glyph of Shadow Word: Death – 2 opportunities to commit self harm when our target is at 25% or lower. Also the additional damage to the target is nice.

Lets face it, all of the other glyphs apart from spirit tap arent worth mentioning. Seriously.

5. Do you have any rare patterns/recipes etc. that would benefit the guild? What are they?
Unfortunately, none. Although I am 525 Tailoring, 525 Enchanting.

Social
6. What location do you play WoW from? What is the timezone there? (GMT+?) How do daylight savings changes affect you?
Sydney. How does it affect me? Well, depending on what time of the year it is, it either makes me early or late for work. Apart from that, not at all.

7. List all Reform members you know and how you know them. What will they have to say about you?
None. However one of your shadow priests (Darkanubisx I believe) inpsected my char in such a way it left me feeling slightly violated.
Im sure they'll say I wasnt gemmed perfectly and that I have some healing gear despite spirit = hit, but aside from that I was the nicest and most enthusiastic guy they have ever met and that they'd be happy to give up their position in the raid for a top bloke like me. (Probably not accurate, but that's how I imagine it playing out in my mind.)

8. List your previous guilds, ranks / responsibilities in those guilds, and reasons why you are no longer in those guilds (go into detail with this question).
Realm Xfer.

9. If possible, provide a link to a recent WWS/WoL or screenshot of recount/skada in action.
Refer to Item 14.

Gameplay
10. Please list your /played (Total time)
222days (Which probably means I should be way better than what I am)

11. What World of Warcraft PvE end-game experience do you have on this character (vanilla through to cata)?
Vanilla > Present. Although I took a break from early Burning to Mid Wrath. More recently I have completed 10/12 with my previous guild 'Silent Resolve' on Nagrand. 4/4BT and 5/6BWD 1/2TFW.

12. Are you self-sufficient when it comes to being prepared with consumables and gold?
Yes, I am self-sufficient with regards to consumables and gold.

13. Are you able to attend all of our progression raid nights from start to finish (this is vitally important and failure to do so will result in your removal from guild)?
I am able to commit to Wed/Thurs/Sun or Mon (Not both) from 7-10:30pm server time.

14. Post or provide a link to a screenshot of your UI in a raid situation (ie. killing a boss).
https://i.servimg.com/u/f68/16/28/08/74/wowscr10.jpg
Apologies for it not being a raid situation. I also hope that slapping a boss as opposed to killing a boss will suffice.

Other
15. Anything else you want to add? Tell us a Joke!
Judging by the responses given on other apps i've seen here, im sure i'm in for a world of pain and humiliation. But then again I'm a glutton for punishment, why else would I have rolled a priest?

2Sylvánas - 85 Goblin Shadow Priest Empty Re: Sylvánas - 85 Goblin Shadow Priest Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:04 am

Ishkafel

Ishkafel

Sylvanas wrote:
Judging by the responses given on other apps i've seen here, im sure i'm in for a world of pain and humiliation. But then again I'm a glutton for punishment...

I'd hate to disappoint so here i go...

If you have read some of the other app's then you would know my sentiments towards suspected clickers.

Assuming you move with WSAD, how can it be viable for u to bind your key dps abilities SWP, DP, MB, SWD, MF etc to highly uncomfortable keys to reach such as 6,7,8,9,0,- and = ? Wand bound to 3?
These unorthodox binds plus the fact nothing is bound beyond default 1 through = just screams 100% clicker.

It simply cant be justified when trying to do hard mode content.

I'll leave it to Remo to judge your gearing etc.

Also, something which isnt entirely your fault... A screenshot of recount doesnt really tell us anything. For all we know u dotted up multiple dummies stood infront of Garrosh? and took a screenshot.

GL with ur application

3Sylvánas - 85 Goblin Shadow Priest Empty Re: Sylvánas - 85 Goblin Shadow Priest Sat Mar 12, 2011 1:52 am

Niktaf

Officer

man you're mean.

Like ish said, we're going to get one of the shadowpriests to look over it.

As an elaboration of why we discourage "clicking" is because when you click, you tend to stare at your bars a lot more. Not only that on movement fights, casting while moving is really awkward unless you keyboard turn while doing it too.

I can't really comment on how it affects your casting though, because of the gcd and some people do in fact click really fast.

That being said, your experience is fairly good and unlike a lot of applicants you don't have ungemmed/unenchanted gear and unlevelled gathering professions.

4Sylvánas - 85 Goblin Shadow Priest Empty Re: Sylvánas - 85 Goblin Shadow Priest Sat Mar 12, 2011 2:36 am

Ishkafel

Ishkafel

Niktaf wrote:man you're mean.

sorry if it comes out that way, but that's simply my view.

It is true what Niktaf has said regarding your experience, it is better than most.

5Sylvánas - 85 Goblin Shadow Priest Empty Re: Sylvánas - 85 Goblin Shadow Priest Sat Mar 12, 2011 3:52 am

darkanubis

Hey Sylvanas from what I can see, you have quite a few pieces of Healing gear, and also your miss rate is 0.87% which I think is abit too much.

Your UI I agree with Ishkafel is quite strange, your most used spells are bind to 4-9 which makes me question how your gona use them while your moving.

Could you please also let me know of your spell rotations please?

Ohh and also when would you pop your Archangel and Fiend?

Thanks

Last edited by darkanubis on Sat Mar 12, 2011 4:02 am; edited 1 time in total

6Sylvánas - 85 Goblin Shadow Priest Empty Re: Sylvánas - 85 Goblin Shadow Priest Sat Mar 12, 2011 3:55 am

Niktaf

Officer

darkanalbus, unless spirit from kings has no effect on twisted faith, raid buffs should hit cap or near hit cap him.

7Sylvánas - 85 Goblin Shadow Priest Empty Re: Sylvánas - 85 Goblin Shadow Priest Sat Mar 12, 2011 4:06 am

darkanubis

Niktaf wrote:darkanalbus, unless spirit from kings has no effect on twisted faith, raid buffs should hit cap or near hit cap him.

No kings/motw does not give extra hit to shadow priests.

Source

http://www.shadowpriest.com/viewtopic.php?f=66&t=29820

http://twistedfaith.wordpress.com/2010/04/08/priest-preview-for-cataclysm/

8Sylvánas - 85 Goblin Shadow Priest Empty Re: Sylvánas - 85 Goblin Shadow Priest Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:44 am

Sylvanas

First of all, thank you for the constructive feedback, I assure you none of it has been taken the wrong way. (Unless of course that's the intention, in which case you can die in a fire.) Wink

darkanubis wrote:Hey Sylvanas from what I can see, you have quite a few pieces of Healing gear, and also your miss rate is 0.87% which I think is abit too much.
Valid point, I believe this one comes down to personal preference. I have tried to strike a balance between maintaining as high a hit % as I can whilst also attaining 31.5% haste (with DI) in raids. The additional VE and DP tick I believe more than makes up for less than 1 in 100 spells missing it's target.
It must also be noted that with better equipment this will become less of an issue. I do agree with you however that 0% miss is ideal.

darkanubis wrote:Could you please also let me know of your spell rotations please?.
This is obviously situational.
When starting from a stagnant position:
VT, SW:P, DP, MF(until orb procs), MB, SW:D.
When starting on the move:
SW:P, DP, VT, MF(until orb procs), MB, SW:D.
MB whenever its up, and MF until VT or DP need refreshing.
DP and SW:D when on the move. (DP sparingly without compromising mana for when stationary)
Refer below for where I would use Archangel and Fiend in the above rotations.

darkanubis wrote:Ohh and also when would you pop your Archangel and Fiend?
This one's obviously dependant on the fight. If there are any mana issues with a particular encounter(which there generally isnt unless I'm consistently multi-dotting adds), I am more conservative when using either to maximise mana regeneration. Generally however, I use Fiend when it's up as it contributes to dps, and use Archangel whenever it's up but generally before a MB/SW:D combo.

I am open to any advice that helps improve my character.

9Sylvánas - 85 Goblin Shadow Priest Empty Re: Sylvánas - 85 Goblin Shadow Priest Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:49 am

darkanubis

You said "MB whenever its up" does that mean you would use it on a Cooldown?

And also the best time to use AA is right after you refreshed your VT and your DP still have 18 secs + duration left (which was kinda the answer I was hoping for :p), ofcause you should also take the fight situation into consideration. Very Happy

Ofcause nothing I have said is meant to be in any "wrong way" Very Happy

10Sylvánas - 85 Goblin Shadow Priest Empty Re: Sylvánas - 85 Goblin Shadow Priest Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:31 am

Maalla

I have tried to strike a balance between maintaining as high a hit % as I can whilst also attaining 31.5% haste (with DI) in raids.

Goodluck

11Sylvánas - 85 Goblin Shadow Priest Empty Re: Sylvánas - 85 Goblin Shadow Priest Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:34 am

Ishkafel

Ishkafel

brb dieing in a fire

12Sylvánas - 85 Goblin Shadow Priest Empty Re: Sylvánas - 85 Goblin Shadow Priest Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:18 pm

zethy

trial accepted pst officers for invite if u are still available

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum