Reform
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Thaurissan Horde Guild.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ihazsars - Shadow Priest

+2
darkanubis
Sars
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Ihazsars - Shadow Priest Empty Ihazsars - Shadow Priest Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:10 am

Sars

Character
1. Character (feel free to include any alts)
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/thaurissan/ihazsars/advanced

2. What is your preferred talent build?
Shadow for sure

3. Briefly explain your priority in stats
Current theroy crafting has int top hands down, after this is where discrepency starts to come in, some have hit/spirit on par with haste where others have haste slightly ahead. Personally I agree with the later and put haste as a higher priority, simply due to a large portion of my casts being channeled or instant so its usually only a GCD lost should a miss occur. Following up is crit, with mastery coming in last

4. What glyphs do you use and why?
Prime:-
Mind flay
SW:P
SW:D
Simply because these are the only viable glyphs as dispersion is just about pointless

Major:-
Fade
Inner Fire
Mass Despell
With no major glyphs for DPS these are for my own survival and group utility.

5. Do you have any rare patterns/recipes etc. that would benefit the guild? What are they?
I can craft two of the epic tailoring items and Powerful Ghostly Spellthread

Social
6. What location do you play WoW from? What is the timezone there? (GMT+?) How do daylight savings changes affect you?
Im living in Auckland, New Zealand at GMT +13. Dalylight savings will just mean raiding and hour earlier or later, no biggie for me.

7. List all Reform members you know and how you know them. What will they have to say about you?
I recognise a few names in your roster although im not sure where from. If memory serves correctly I believe I trialed Luminastus in Pulse, Roberducky rings a bell and if Räyne is who I think it is thats a def reference. Of course they will know me as Wholigan or Lamp, as they were the 2 toons I was playing in wrath.

8. List your previous guilds, ranks / responsibilities in those guilds, and reasons why you are no longer in those guilds (go into detail with this question).
On this server I have been in EnV / Pulse where i was raider through the end weeks of naxx to late ToC. I was then made healing officer and remained in that position until I left raiding in late february 2010.
Some 6 months later i joined many of Not Steamboat, who faction changed, in Momentum with my Dk tank as main tank for a few weeks. I later became OT after a more geared warrior joined. I continued raiding with them till they disbanded with the approach of cata.
Thats pretty much my story until now on Thaurissan.

9. If possible, provide a link to a recent WWS/WoL or screenshot of recount/skada in action.
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2jb72n4&s=7

Gameplay
10. Please list your /played (Total time)
On this character i have a mere 10 days played time, and i dare not look at some of my characters for fear of dying of shame

11. What World of Warcraft PvE end-game experience do you have on this character (vanilla through to cata)?
This character, none.
in 5 and a half years of playing there isnt a whole lot I havent done

Vanilla:-
ZG
Onyxia
MC
BWL
AQ 20
AQ 40 up to twin emps

BC:-
Kara
Gruul
Mags
ZA
3/4 TK
SSC
BT 7/9

Wrath:-
Naxx 10/25
Uld 10/25, algalon 10/25, rusted drake
ToC N 10/25, H 10, 4/5 25, Tribute to Insanity
ICC 10/25, H 11/12 10, 10/12 25, bloodbathed drake

12. Are you self-sufficient when it comes to being prepared with consumables and gold?
Certainly, ive done so many raids they're second nature.

13. Are you able to attend all of our progression raid nights from start to finish (this is vitally important and failure to do so will result in your removal from guild)?
Yes not a problem

14. Post or provide a link to a screenshot of your UI in a raid situation (ie. killing a boss).
Same as above
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2jb72n4&s=7

Other
15. Anything else you want to add? Tell us a Joke!
Im not worried about the Third World War. Thats the Third Worlds Problem.

2Ihazsars - Shadow Priest Empty Re: Ihazsars - Shadow Priest Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:55 pm

darkanubis

Hey mate

The 1st thing I noticed is that your hit is way below hit rating, almost 3.2% miss rate, which I consider to be too much over the comfort zone, might pay to reforge/regem more for hit/spirit.

Could you please explain me your spell rotation please? And when would you consider the best time during your rotation to pop your ArchAngel?

And could you armory link the toons you did most of your raiding on please?

Thanks

Regards

3Ihazsars - Shadow Priest Empty Re: Ihazsars - Shadow Priest Sun Apr 03, 2011 1:01 am

Sars

I see where youre coming from in regards to hit which is why I did stress what I was doing in the question asking about stat priority. More than happy to change things around if you do so desire however.

My rotation to open is VT - SWP - DP - MF - MB
From here things line up nicely. MB is used on CD, every 2nd MB coincides with VT refresh, every third MB is DP refresh. MFx2 and a SWD slot in perfectly between MBs. If SWD is still on CD i get in half a MF then clip it for MB.
Archangel i will use pretty much on CD, however only after I have refreshed dots due to it consuming evangelism which buffs dots by 10%. By doing this evangelism will be back up to full stacks before needing to refresh dots again.

MY Pally and DK armory links
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/thaurissan/wholigan/simple
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/thaurissan/l%C3%A5mp/simple

4Ihazsars - Shadow Priest Empty Re: Ihazsars - Shadow Priest Sun Apr 03, 2011 1:01 am

Ishkafel

Ishkafel

Also please read the "Read before Applying" Thread on this forum.

We prefer that you copy paste the html template because its somewhat painful reading an un-edited & un-formatted application

5Ihazsars - Shadow Priest Empty Re: Ihazsars - Shadow Priest Sun Apr 03, 2011 1:20 am

Fool

Fool

Good app, solid guild history.

I reckon we trial this "darkanubis" guy. he might be beneficial.

all jokes aside..

This is probably the most solid app I've seen in a while.

6Ihazsars - Shadow Priest Empty Re: Ihazsars - Shadow Priest Sun Apr 03, 2011 2:19 am

Erik

Erik
Officer

what did you think of lumi when you trialled him? LOL

also I agree with fool, awesome app, the hit debate I can understand but I'm not really a spriest pro.

http://b0sley.deviantart.com

7Ihazsars - Shadow Priest Empty Re: Ihazsars - Shadow Priest Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:54 am

darkanubis

Your experience seems really solid, and yea I personally think missing on over 3% of hits may be a pretty decent DPS loss, as well as the frustration of your instant dots missing >.>!

Rotation wise, I havnt done testing yet, but I still consider MB with (1-3 orbs) rather than MB on a CD, and AA wise the perfect time to pop is right after you refresh your VT and your DP have 18 secs or more duration remaining.

THumbs up for a trial Smile

8Ihazsars - Shadow Priest Empty Re: Ihazsars - Shadow Priest Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:48 am

unholysin

unholysin
Officer

pst Unholysin, Erick, Zethy or Hanbeef for invite. Thanks

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum