Reform
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Thaurissan Horde Guild.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Soulcrushed - Destro warlock

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Soulcrushed - Destro warlock Empty Soulcrushed - Destro warlock Thu Dec 30, 2010 8:56 am

soulcrushed

Character
1. Do you have our required raiding mods (if not you will be required to have them before your first raid):
- oRA3 – Yes
- Omen3 Threat Meter – Yes
- Deus Vox Encounters – Yes
- EPGP Lootmaster – Yes

2. Character
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/thaurissan/soulcrushed/simple

3. Is this the character you spend most / all of your time on?
Yes

4. Did you level this character from 1-80? (required)
Yes

5. Do you have any worthy alts?
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/thaurissan/bskchamp/simple

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/thaurissan/spritwave/simple

6. What is your preferred talent build? If you play a hybrid class, will you be able to respec according to the raid group's needs? destro build is my fav due to the big number which i have been playing this exp have also had exp in wraith raids with affliction.

7. Please briefly explain how your class should equip himself for PvE. How should each statistic be considered, and why? Cata has brought with it a lot of changes INT is now very important stat for locks as it increases crit sp and mana pool.

for PVE should looks something like Hit (17%) > Int > Haste > mastery > crit

8. What glyphs do you use and why? Prime >
Conflag - to reduce the CD to ensure efficient rotations.
Glyph of Imp - for the 20% extra dps from imps fire ball.
Immolate - for the increased periodic damage.

Major
Fear
Life tap
shadow flame (or health stone)

9. List the value of your relevant stats:
spell damage 6359
Haste 7.01%
Hit 15.86%
Crit 12.95%
Mastery 13.58

10. What are your professions? How do your professions assist you in raiding?
Mining - which doesn't help raiding at all really just to support my JC (which can be changed if required)

JC - JC is handy for everyone in the guild it enables anyone in the guild or myself to cut gems anytime to which i have 2 of the epic patterns and 3 of the blue patterns (caster dps ones)

11. Do you have any rare patterns/recipes etc. that would benefit the guild? What are they?

12. Have/Had you completed:
- Molten Core Attunement – Yes (not on this character bskchamp of Frostmounre)
- Blackwing Lair Attunement - Yes (not on this character)
- Karazhan Attunement - Yes (not on this character
- SSC / TK Attunement - Yes (not of this character)
- BT / Mount Hyjal Attunement - No

13. List your reputation standings with the following factions. - none of these
Drangonmaw Clan - Exalted
Guardians of Hyjal - Revered
Ramkahen - Revered
Earthern ring - Honored
Therazane - Honored

14. Do you have any legendaries, rare exalted reputations or achievements that will assist the guild? no sorry

Social
15. Your real name? Luke

16. How old are you? 25

17. What location do you play WoW from? What is the timezone there? (GMT+?) How do daylight savings changes affect you (note the adjustment of server time by an hour may compound with an adjustment in your time zone by an hour as well)? Vic same as server time +10 GMT

18. List all Reform members you know and how you know them. What will they have to say about you? I've been in One Percent previously so if anyone from there? but no i dont know anyone from the guild.

19. List your previous guilds, ranks / responsibilities in those guilds, and reasons why you are no longer in those guilds - One Percent - Raider and for a while there class lead for healers (on my Shammy Spritwave) where i organised healing rotations and assignments. did most of my raiding on that character in Wraith and also my mage Bskchamp. no longer in the guild due to its disbanded and i took a break from wow at the time.

20. If possible, provide a link to your previous guild's DKP/EPGP site. - N/A

21. If possible, provide a link to a recent WWS/WoL report with your previous guild. - they are no longer available and not relevant for current content.

current content i can reach up to 15k dps on Halfus and 13 - 14k on magmaw

Gameplay
22. How many hours and at what times do you play each week? from 5 - 11 Monday - friday and on weekend and random times during the day/night

23. Please list your /played (Total time played and Time played this level). this level on Soulcrushed = 4 days at 85

24. What World of Warcraft PvE end-game experience do you have on this character (Pre-BC, BC and WoTLK – go into detail with WoTLK ICC and the roles you have played)? On this character not a great deal has been done in terms of the current content as this character was leveled just before cata and towards the end of Litch king on i've experienced up to blood queen on my other characters and basically all other content including the following
MC
BWL
AQ40
Nax 10/25
Uld 10/25
ICC 10 - up to blood queen
BT - Halfus (but have seen others on youtube)
BD - Magmaw (attempts)

25. Learning a new boss will most likely involve using a large quantity of consumables and having a large repair bill. Are you self-sufficient when it comes to being prepared with consumables and gold? yes i have stacks of gold to cover this and other characters that can make pots flasks etc.

26. Having at least the best gear obtainable outside of raid instances is mandatory, and they should be enchanted and socketed with the best enchants and gems. Do you meet this requirement? yes

27. Are you able to attend all of our progression raid nights from start to finish (this is vitally important and failure to do so will result in your removal from guild)? yes

28. Post or provide a link to a screenshot of your UI in a raid situation (ie. killing a boss).
http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/info18206-SpartanUIFanUpdate.html

29. Do you PvP? Are you interested in rated BG's / Arena? i prefer to focus on pve content.

30. What World of Warcraft PvP experience do you have? back in vanila i used to lead a crack WSG team on my human warlock Bskchamp on Frostmourne which i believe has high warlord or something simialr

Other
31. What are your reasons for applying to join Reform, over another guild? due mainly to the fact of the raid times fitting with my life style and looking for a competitive and fun progressive environment.

32. Are you currently applying to any other guilds? no

33. Being able to communicate on Vent is mandatory. Do you have the ability to speak on Vent? yes Will you? yes

34. Do you have a stable internet connection? yes

35. Are you prone to getting capped/shaped/etc? no

36. List some of the specs of the computer you play WoW on. i7 920 6gb ram GTX 260 vid card

37. Describe what you think is your defining quality. What will make us want to recruit you over someone else? Realise that a majority of applications contain some variant of a "want to be the best" (this is a great question to convey your personality).

It's been a goal of mine to conqueror end game content and consistently pushing myself to be the best i can around people that are doing the same thing (reform)I'm passionate about my class (warlock) and read up on posts on EJ and look at others and get their opinions and test specs and gem changes and chants on dummys in org etc.

I believe Reform can offer the best chance for me to help improve myself and in turn help the guild progress.

38. How many achievement points do you have? 3035

39. Are you interested in contributing towards guild achievements? yes

40. Do you have your epic flying mount training? yes master flight has be learnt

41. How fast have you levelled previously and how fast are you expecting to level to 85? leveled to 85 in 4 days (not game time)

42. Have you answered all questions wholly? yes

43. Anything else you want to add? thanks for taking the time to look over my application i look forward to hearing back from you guys soon and look forward to raiding and enjoying progression.

Last edited by soulcrushed on Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:06 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : queston 9 not fully completed)

2Soulcrushed - Destro warlock Empty Re: Soulcrushed - Destro warlock Fri Dec 31, 2010 11:28 pm

Ishkafel

Ishkafel

Spec('s)
Destruction spec is fine although still running Shadow Bolt major glyph. Suggest swapping for S.Flame.
A definite "Derpatology" offspec. Several flaws in every aspect of the spec just about. Looks vaguely like a pvp spec, but even at that its sad.

Gear, Gemming, Stats
With a 345ilvl you should (and must) be hit capped. Perhaps you've had no luck in HOO, but gemming hit and reforging and enchanting it should be ur number 1 priority especially for destruction as missing a conflag or immo refresh is a massive dps loss.
Sorrowsong is an ordinary trinket at best, given that for 65% of an encounter all it provides is mastery. Entry level destro should be using Talisman of Sinister Order (http://www.wowhead.com/quest=28267) with Anhuur's Hymnal or Embrace of the Spider 2.0 (aka Witching Hourglass) or Volcano deck if u can afford it, as the proc scales with destro mastrey and Cataclysm, also the massive amount of mastery on the trinket can be reforged.
Your meta gem is sub-optimal at best. Even tho the current chaotic meta gem requirement is bogus, it is still the best and must be used. Also given that u will need to use a lot of blue gems to reach hit cap, its not THAT annoying to gem for. Also the pure haste gem terrify's me.

Class Knowledge
The stat priority u mentioned seems a little ill informed. Crit and Haste are of just about equal value to destruction and crit should become more valuable than haste with more gear last time i looked. Naturally hit eclipses all.
Hard to judge any more without a WOL parse, all i can do is judge by ur answers and armory page.

History
With regard to ur guild history in OP. If i recall correctly Scarycrow was the healing Co-ord at the time you have described, this is also the recollection of a few other ex-OP members i spoke to. Ive yet to speak to Scary but yeah... Odd... Also class lead seams unlikely cause OP had few resto shamans (2 at most).

Overall..
Decent app. After those few alterations with ur gems, enchants etc would be interesting to see u in action. Not my call though. Watch this space...

3Soulcrushed - Destro warlock Empty Re: Soulcrushed - Destro warlock Fri Dec 31, 2010 11:57 pm

soulcrushed

Hey Ishkafel your name also rings a bell yeah

Spec - I've been toying with some different specs to see which is pulling the most for me so there may be some strange or (sub par) selections in it currently which can be fixed at any time (may even be able to get some additional tips from the pros!)

Gemming - Yes there are a few gems that need to be swapped out and i have the 3% crit meta in my bag i'm which funnily enough i was about to change over to that (but i'm happy to take criticism about anything a better player can see wrong or that needs work (thanks for that)

Trinket - Omg that damn trinket each time the wiching glass drops i roll like 5 or 10 or something and the other caster gets it (damn)

Thanks for the time you have taken to go over my application i look forward to growing my knowledge base from better players in the guild and you will find i'm very loyal and reliable.

Thanks again and i look forward to hearing back from one of the officers or GM soon (no i'm not refreshing this page ever 30 mins!)

Cheers

4Soulcrushed - Destro warlock Empty Re: Soulcrushed - Destro warlock Fri Dec 31, 2010 11:59 pm

soulcrushed

oh yeah history i was called something like "Healing coordinator" maybe i wasn't actually the class leader (or healing leader) but yes i was doing it for some time on "Spritwave" which we had completed quite a few of the hardmodes in ULD 25 at the time (which was awesome)

cheers guys

5Soulcrushed - Destro warlock Empty Re: Soulcrushed - Destro warlock Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:07 am

Ishkafel

Ishkafel

soulcrushed wrote:no i'm not refreshing this page ever 30 mins!

lack of dedication may reflect poorly on ur chances of gaining a trial...

jk ^.^

6Soulcrushed - Destro warlock Empty Re: Soulcrushed - Destro warlock Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:27 am

soulcrushed

Razz thanks Ish

I've since got hit cap for you (but still no god damn whiching glass!) will continue to try.

wondering if i need to ready myself to raid tonight with you guys or if the officers are still deciding on my app? :S

I await the officers decision Very Happy

7Soulcrushed - Destro warlock Empty Re: Soulcrushed - Destro warlock Sun Jan 02, 2011 4:54 am

doag

doag
Admin

Hi,

thanks for the app and response dialogue at this time I have no available raid spot for you to trial for, if this changes in the future I will let you know.

8Soulcrushed - Destro warlock Empty Re: Soulcrushed - Destro warlock Sun Jan 02, 2011 7:02 am

soulcrushed

thanks guys you may contact me on either soulcrushed or Spritwave

cheers

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum