Reform
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Thaurissan Horde Guild.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Zenkuja - Restoration Shaman

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Zenkuja - Restoration Shaman Empty Zenkuja - Restoration Shaman Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:04 am

Zenkuja

Zenkuja - Restoration Shaman

Character
1. Do you have our required raiding mods (if not you will be required to have them before your first raid):
- oRA3 – Yes
- Omen3 Threat Meter – Yes
- Deus Vox Encounters – Yes
- EPGP Lootmaster – Yes
(at the moment I do not have the above mods but won't be an issue for me to download & install them)

2. Character
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/thaurissan/zenkuja/simple

3. Is this the character you spend most / all of your time on?
Yes

4. Did you level this character from 1-80? (required)
Yes – I also levelled it from 80 – 85 Smile

5. Do you have any worthy alts?
I do have 5 other level 80s – I plan on levelling at least 1 or 2 others to 85 within the next 2 or 3 months. The alts include:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/thaurissan/mitsuja/simple (priest)
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/thaurissan/harunja/simple (pally)
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/thaurissan/konija/simple (druid)
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/thaurissan/kuranja/simple (mage)
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/thaurissan/akenja/simple (dk)

6. What is your preferred talent build? If you play a hybrid class, will you be able to respec according to the raid group's needs? If so, what other talent builds can you accommodate (skill wise and gear wise)?
My preferred spec at the moment is restoration - this is the main spec that I have been playing on my shaman since TBC (when alliance acquired Draenei) so I am extremely familiar with its strengths and weaknesses. Certainly the changes that blizzard has introduced to the class has made healing more challenging and fun - as you may know, resto shamans has had the reputation of being the "One Button Healer" for awhile so I am glad that it now requires some level of skills to play effectively.

I am able to respec as required - at the moment, my off-spec is elemental due to the close correlation in the gearing/itemisation between restoration and elemental (stat/itemisation is almost identical). My elemental set is adequately geared for raiding purposes (ie. gemmed, enchanted, reforged and hit capped, and maxed out as much as I can with the gears that I can purchase with JP and that has dropped in heroics thus far). Currently in my elemental spec & gear I am able to attain an average DPS of approx 10k – 12k in heroics.

During the course of doing heroics, I have also been collecting an enhancement set which averages about ilevel 340-ish at the moment - there are additional items I can purchase from rep vendors or using JP which can bring up the ilevel average if an enhancement offspec is required for raiding purposes. Please note that the last time I had tried playing enhancement is TBC, so I will be a little rusty and will need a few runs to iron out the rotation/priority attacks. I am confident of picking up my game in this respect if required.

7. Please briefly explain how your class should equip himself for PvE. How should each statistic be considered, and why?
The main stats for resto shamans in general order of priority (for me) are:
int -> haste/spirit -> crit/mastery

Elitist Jerks sums up nicely the importance of intellect: Intellect increases starting mana pool, mp5 (via Replenishment), and spellpower, making it a very powerful stat in a world where overhealing matters and mana is a concern.

Haste is also relatively important for a couple of reasons. The first one is resto shamans does not have any meaningful instant cast healing spells (riptide, and unleash elements being the only 2 – both of which heals 1 target for a limited amount and has a small cooldown), hence the haste is needed to ensure we are able to get our heals off within a reasonable amount of time to keep people alive. Secondly, with mana supply being an issue in cataclysm, we also cannot rely on our quick healing spells often - thus it also becomes quite important to reduce the cast time of our slower but more mana efficient healing spells as much as possible without compromising other stats.

Due to changes in the mana regeneration since commencement of Cataclysm, spirit has become important for resto shaman in a raid setting. It is extremely important in cases where we have very little or no opportunity to take advantage of telluric current ability (ie. restore mana by casting lightning bolt - which I am currently debating the worth of acquiring in lieu of other talents).

In relation to crit & mastery, current theorycrafting has yielded mixed results on the value of these 2 stats with practically every single resto shaman disagreeing on the value of investing itemisation points into these 2 areas in lieu of the aforementioned stats. Nonetheless, most shamans agree that for the moment the values of these 2 stats on their own are arguably less than the values of the aforementioned stats, with crit being slightly superior to mastery due to the benefits from a crit heal (damage reduction buff, mana regen & throughput). Once I feel I have an adequate level of int, spirit & haste I will be able to focus on getting additional crit.

For mastery, this talent at the moment is scaled to the health of the target being healed - it provides superior healing bonus where the target’s current health is below 50% of the max health, making the value of this stat extremely situational. Where the target being healed is at optimal health (80%+) the amount of healing increase provided by Mastery is considered negligible (circa 1 – 2% increase). Theorycrafting that are currently available suggests that a shaman adequately itemised to have “decent” crit with proportional mastery would be excellent for tank healing in a raid situation, as the tank is often at or below 50% in health - depending on the role that I find myself in, this may or may not be a stat that I will focus further upon.

8. What glyphs do you use and why?
For the most part, the choice of glyphs have been pre-determined for resto shamans – ie right now there are only 3 or 4 clear choices of Primal/Major glyphs that will directly benefit our spec, so picking the “best” glyphs is a bit of a no-brainer. My current glyphs are:

Primal:
Earth Shield - provides further healing on the target
Earthliving Weapon - increases the HoT effect of the heal, resulting in further healing
Riptide - increases the HoT effect of the heal, resulting in further healing

There is a 4th choice - Water Shield - which improves mana regeneration - however as mana (so far) is not an issue for me, I have opted for throughout. Water shield is also deemed to be a somewhat less useful glyph as it provides only a static rate of mana regeneration that does not scale with gear.

Major:
Chain Heal - makes raid/group healing more effective where the damage is applied raid/group wide, thereby making our aoe heals more efficient mana wise
Healing Stream - provides healing and resistance at the same time, allowing pallies & hunters to focus on other auras & aspects
Healing Wave - allows me to heal both the target and myself concurrently (saving mana & GCD/time)

9. List the value of your relevant stats:
The values of various stats for resto shamans in comparison to each other have been described in answer 7 above.

10. What are your professions? How do your professions assist you in raiding?
Blacksmithing - ability to acquire 2 additional prismatic sockets to improve my primary stats
Jewelcrafting - ability to further focus on my primary stat with 3 x epic level gems
The above benefits the overall throughput and/or mana regeneration of my healing.

11. Do you have any rare patterns/recipes etc. that would benefit the guild? What are they?
I have all recipes for blacksmithing purchasable from NPC in Twilight Highlands - currently doing the dailies for Jewelcrafting to obtain additional recipes.

12. Have/Had you completed:
- Molten Core Attunement – Yes
- Blackwing Lair Attunement - Yes
- Karazhan Attunement - Yes
- SSC / TK Attunement - Yes
- BT / Mount Hyjal Attunement - Yes

13. List your reputation standings with the following factions.
Ashtongue Deathsworn: Exalted
Argent Dawn: Exalted
Brood of Nozdormu: Neutral
Cenarion Circle: Exalted
Hydraxian Waterlords: Friendly
The Scale of the Sands: Exalted
The Violet Eye: Exalted
Zandalar Tribe: Honoured
Argent Crusade: Exalted
Kirin Tor: Exalted
Knights of the Ebon Blade: Exalted
Wyrmrest Accord: Exalted
The Sons of Hodir: Exalted
Horde Expedition: Exalted
Ashen Verdict: Revered

14. Do you have any legendaries, rare exalted reputations or achievements that will assist the guild?
Not for raiding purposes

Social
15. Your real name?
Simon

16. How old are you?

17. What location do you play WoW from? What is the timezone there?
(GMT+?) How do daylight savings changes affect you (note the adjustment of server time by an hour may compound with an adjustment in your time zone by an hour as well)?
I play from Sydney - GMT +10. Server Time is based in this timezone and shifts with daylight saving changes, and therefore will have no impact on me as long as the guild also follows server time.

18. List all Reform members you know and how you know them. What will they have to say about you?
In alphabetical order:
Erick - have known since WotLK days via Hoju
Fearom - have known since Kilrogg days via mutual friend, and is the person recommending me to apply
Relora - have known since Kilrogg days via mutual friend
I have raided/done heroics with all 3 members in the past so they will be able to comment on my skills within the game. I also know Fearom/Relora on a more personal level and they will be able to comment on my personality.

19. List your previous guilds, ranks / responsibilities in those guilds, and reasons why you are no longer in those guilds (go into detail with this question).
Meaningful raiding guilds in the past include:
Civilian (Kilrogg) - main resto shaman in TBC - when wotlk was released the GM wanted to downgrade to 10 man raids, resulting in the expulsion of majority of the players.
Hoju (Thaurissan) - disc priest in WotLK - the guild had disbanded 2 - 3 months after I had joined and progression halted before we can finish Ulduar
After Hoju I have been playing wow on and off, & raiding on an ad-hoc/casual basis. All other guilds I’ve been in were for the most part social/casual guilds or where I was simply a social status member, including my current guild Sandvich (which was created by friends from Kilrogg).

20. If possible, provide a link to your previous guild's DKP/EPGP site.
Not Available - none of the previous guilds I've been in kept meaningful DKP/EPGP data (most were loot council which balanced needs vs internally kept DKP/EPGP data). Hoju did keep data in this respect but I had only raided for a month or 2 before the guild collapsed and hence has no meaningful data (that, and the website was removed).

21. If possible, provide a link to a recent WWS/WoL report with your previous guild.
Not Available - most of the later raiding I did in WotLK were via ad-hoc pug groups, and I have only had the opportunity to pug raid a couple of times since Cataclysm.

Gameplay
22. How many hours and at what times do you play each week?
My weeknight playing times are typically between 7 - 11pm. During weekends my available times are far more flexible (anywhere from 5:30am – 11pm). Suffice it to say if I were to spend the same amount of time that I spend on WoW in a second job, that second job would be legally considered full time and I would be living a far more luxurious lifestyle... Smile

23. Please list your /played (Total time played and Time played this level).
As of this moment:
Total Time Played: 114 Days, 12 Hours, 25 Min
Time Played This Level: 7 Days, 18 Hours, 38 Min
Collectively across all of my characters (11 chars, 1 of each class with 2 priests), I have approx 450+ Days Total Time Played

24. What World of Warcraft PvE end-game experience do you have on this character (Pre-BC, BC and WoTLK – go into detail with WoTLK ICC and the roles you have played)?
Pre-BC – raided MC and ZG, on my mage (alliance did not have shamans back then)
BC – raided Karazhan through to start of Sunwell (got 1st Sunwell boss down before WotLK patch), mostly on my resto shaman (served as backup tank on pally in MH)
WotLK – did parts of Naxx with left overs from Civilian as DK (tank)
WotLK – did parts Ulduar (up to General) with Hoju as disc priest
WotLK – did parts of ICC except Lich King/Sindragosa with pug groups as resto shaman & tanked a couple of times on my pally

25. Learning a new boss will most likely involve using a large quantity of consumables and having a large repair bill. Are you self-sufficient when it comes to being prepared with consumables and gold?
Yes – doing heroics and selling chaos orbs have been relatively profitable. I also play considerably outside raiding hours and hence have the time to farm the necessary consumables as required.

26. Having at least the best gear obtainable outside of raid instances is mandatory, and they should be enchanted and socketed with the best enchants and gems. Do you meet this requirement?
Yes – the only exception being the enchant on my legging – the benefit to be yielded in using an epic thread in lieu of the blue one is minimal however the cost is drastically different. I am currently saving the epic thread for when I acquire a purple legging.

27. Are you able to attend all of our progression raid nights from start to finish (this is vitally important and failure to do so will result in your removal from guild)?
I understand the raids run from 7pm – 10:30pm. This application has been a long time coming as I’ve had to facilitate and make arrangements with my employer to start work 30min early on Wednesdays & Thursdays so that I can leave work earlier on those days to ensure that I am online in time.

28. Post or provide a link to a screenshot of your UI in a raid situation (ie. killing a boss).
Zenkuja - Restoration Shaman Wowscr10

29. Do you PvP? Are you interested in rated BG's / Arena?
I do the occasional BGs, otherwise I am not a big fan of pvp.

30. What World of Warcraft PvP experience do you have?
AV, AB, WSG, TB.

Other
31. What are your reasons for applying to join Reform, over another guild?
1) I already know a few people in this guild who have highly recommended the guild
2) The times are within my preferred schedule (most, if not all, other raiding guilds either start far too early, or finish far too late, or both)
3) I have been advised the people in the guild are friendly and won’t bite my head off

32. Are you currently applying to any other guilds?
No

33. Being able to communicate on Vent is mandatory. Do you have the ability to speak on Vent? Will you?
I do have a mic and can speak if required – however as my PC is situated in the living room literally within 2 or 3 steps next to the TV, I therefore do not speak on it often at night when the family is watching shows. I use headphones with noise cancellation so that I am able to hear things being said over vent.

34. Do you have a stable internet connection?
Yes – I may have the occasional disconnect every 2 or 3 weeks but otherwise my ADSL2+ remains connected 24/7. I also currently use battleping service to minimise latency to raid more effectively – currently the ping are stable at under 200ms, as opposed to the usual 450ms - 550ms.

35. Are you prone to getting capped/shaped/etc?
No – I had raised my cap/plan sufficiently to ensure this is not a problem (quota is 400GB/month).

36. List some of the specs of the computer you play WoW on.
I have only just acquired a new computer literally last Wednesday as my previous machine overheated. My computer spec is:
Intel I7 950
1600Mhz 6GB (3x2GB) DDR3 RAM
GeForce GTX 480 1536MB

37. Describe what you think is your defining quality. What will make us want to recruit you over someone else? Realise that a majority of applications contain some variant of a "want to be the best" (this is a great question to convey your personality).
I won’t say that I am the best or even come close, but I consider myself a capable gamer trying to strike a good balance between enjoying the game but at the same time work towards high end progression within the game. I am also an easy going person who is great at following instructions and have some level of common sense. I come prepared to raids and understand the basics of boss mechanics and am able to adapt to changes in situations. If nothing else, the fact that I’m Asian apparently makes me look like a decent gamer... when I bought my PS3 a year ago, the lady at the checkout counter asked if I was a professional gamer because I apparently look like one.

38. How many achievement points do you have?
5875 as of right now.

39. Are you interested in contributing towards guild achievements?
If time allows, yes – I would like to balance spending time between doing things with guild, with doing things with friends (both inside & outside guild). I am generally partial to doing the old vanilla/BC raids (nostalgia) and would not mind doing wotlk contents as I had missed a fair chunk of it here and there.

40. Do you have your epic flying mount training?
Yes - also got my 310% speed flying mount training

41. How fast have you levelled previously and how fast are you expecting to level to 85?
I am already level 85 on the shaman – in levelling my shaman, I went from level 80 – 85 in under 2 real life days (started Sat morning, and finished Sun night) and that included some fumbling around looking up how to do certain quests – I imagine my next char could be levelled faster if required (I will be going priest next, then druid then pally then mage).

42. Have you answered all questions wholly?
Yes – to the best of my ability

43. Anything else you want to add?
I do appreciate the time you’ve taken to review my application and my above responses – although I do have to comment this application is longer than last job application that I’ve completed, and seems to also be longer than the ATO tax return each year lol...

2Zenkuja - Restoration Shaman Empty Re: Zenkuja - Restoration Shaman Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:18 am

Erik

Erik
Officer

omg tl;dr please Razz you can blame skye for taking down the site too! Not my fault if I had a midlife crisis and the guild crumbled! Razz

Solid raider imo

http://b0sley.deviantart.com

3Zenkuja - Restoration Shaman Empty Re: Zenkuja - Restoration Shaman Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:21 am

fearom

fearom

I think, maybe need to work on your UI lol.

4Zenkuja - Restoration Shaman Empty Re: Zenkuja - Restoration Shaman Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:16 pm

Zenkuja

hrmn... not sure how much more I COULD add onto the UI, as a healer, without clogging up the screen unnecessasrily. My 24" widescreen does give me more screen real estate space than my old 16" screen but I find having too many things on the screen ends up distracting me. Keep in mind that during the course of an actual boss fight, DBM/Ora3 will also be going off like crazy with whistles and alarms, and timer bars and all sorts of warnings and other things appearing all over the screen.

Additionally, the new Blizzard raid UI is a vast improvement over the old UI, so with that and decursive, I find I don't really need anything else to do my job effectively.

Omen (which would be on the bottom right corner) would let me see if anyone is close to overtaking threat (good to know if I'd need to get ready to heal him/her) but otherwise I'm fine to heal as-is.

I also heal using mouseover macros (found it more responsive) so maybe that's why you were expecting to see more things?

Having stated the above, if anyone like to chip in with suggestions on what else would be useful to a healer, I'm all ears. I had tried a few things too (like grid) but found it a little superfluous?

PS Erik, I think the site *is* still around but just "deactivated" though I doubt Skye's gonna bring it back, heh...

5Zenkuja - Restoration Shaman Empty Re: Zenkuja - Restoration Shaman Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:08 pm

darkanubis

Man soooo many healer apps.. Soo unfortunate that we are soo full on healers atm >.<... Seeeeems like a good player, GL with app

6Zenkuja - Restoration Shaman Empty Re: Zenkuja - Restoration Shaman Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:36 am

Zenkuja

I see... thank you for the consideration anyways Smile Best of luck with the raids!!

7Zenkuja - Restoration Shaman Empty Re: Zenkuja - Restoration Shaman Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:50 am

havok

havok
Officer

Great app. Thanks for taking the time to fill it out properly.

Ignore Darks comments, he is new to the guild.

I vote invite for trial.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum