Reform
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Thaurissan Horde Guild.

You are not connected. Please login or register

ACCEPTED - Foron - Feral kitty / Feral tank

+2
Goraax
Foron
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Foron

Foron

1. Character Foron
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/thaurissan/foron/simple

2. What is your preferred talent build
Both my tank and Kitty builds are my preffered builds, I excel at both specs and wish to excel with Reform

I hope you don't mind if I fuse question 3/4 into one Razz

3. Briefly explain your priority in stats and what glyphs you use and why.

Feral Cats priority stats are Hit > Expertise >Agility > mastery > rest
My Current glyphs are
Glyph of Berserk(Increases duration by 5 seconds.) Glyph of Rip (increases the Duration of Rip.)
Glyph of rip (increases the bleed damage ticks of rip by 15%.)
These are the three Prime glyphs that feral kitties should use, Everything else is just Personal preference.

Feral tank Priority stats are Hit > Expertise > Agility > Crit > Stamina/mastery > rest.
My current glyphs are
Glyph of berserk.(Increases duration by 5 seconds.)
Glyph of Lacerate(increases Lacerate crits by 5%)
Glyph of Mangle(Increases mangle damage by 10%)
(These 3 Glyphs are a commodity for feral tanks and are really the only 3 to choose from when being a feral tank.)

5. Do you have any rare patterns/recipes etc. that would benefit the guild? What are they?
I Have the maelstrom crystal enchants. But I don't think I would be the only enchanter in the guild Razz

Social
6. What location do you play WoW from? What is the timezone there? (GMT+?) How do daylight savings changes affect you?
I play from Melbourne which is on par with the Server time, and Daylight savings wont affect me.

7. List all Reform members you know and how you know them. What will they have to say about you?
Darkanubisx: He can vouch for me I'm pretty certain of it. But besides him I don't really know anyone.

8. List your previous guilds, ranks / responsibilities in those guilds, and reasons why you are no longer in those guilds (go into detail with this question).

The Current guild Is revelation and I'm the officer with two other players. I have gone under the concept that you can teach an wrath babies to leave their nappies behind But we are at the point where we cant hold their hands any more. We have tried to recruit better players but our hands get tied each week with issues, so we are fed up with it. I could go into more detail with this question but you guys would be reading an essay Razz

9. If possible, provide a link to a recent WWS/WoL or screenshot of recount/skada in action.
Don't really pay attention to Recount in raids because I tank, but here's a dps one on a training dummy

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=28rh6ya&s=7

Take into consideration im in Enchanted/gemmed/reforged into tanking.

Gameplay
10. Please list your /played (Total time)
199 days.

11. What World of Warcraft PvE end-game experience do you have on this character (vanilla through to cata)?
Vanilla: Raided MC/Bwl/AQ/Naxx on blackrock
Bc: Karazhan/Gruuls/Mags/SSC/Tk/BT/sunwell(only half way during bc)
Wrath: Naxx 10/25 /Os 10/25 /EoE 10/25 Uld 10/25 /Totc 10/25(inc totgc) Icc 10(full clear with drake before cata)
Cata: currently have physical experience with 10/12 but have gotten to 3 mil on Al'akir and haven't attempted Nefarian yet, but I have studied the fight.

12. Are you self-sufficient when it comes to being prepared with consumables and gold?
Of course.

13. Are you able to attend all of our progression raid nights from start to finish (this is vitally important and failure to do so will result in your removal from guild)? I never miss raids, If there is a situation where I cannot make a raid I will send in game mail.

14. Post or provide a link to a screenshot of your UI in a raid situation (ie. killing a boss).

I feel slightly embarrassed, I've used the vanilla UI since well vanilla, and I've perfected it and found it hard to change.

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=3efer&s=7

Other
15. Anything else you want to add? Tell us a Joke!

Not a whole lot. But heres a joke
A man escapes from prison where he has been for 15 years. He breaks into a house to look for money and guns and finds a young couple in bed.

He orders the guy out of bed and ties him to a chair, while tying the girl to the bed he gets on top of her, kisses her neck, then gets up and goes into the bathroom. While he's in there, the husband tells his wife:

"Listen, this guy's an escaped convict, look at his clothes! He probably spent lots of time in jail and hasn't seen a woman in years. I saw how he kissed your neck." If he wants sex, don't resist, don't complain, do whatever he tells you. Satisfy him no matter how much he nauseates you. This guy is probably very dangerous. If he gets angry, he'll kill us. Be strong, honey. I love you."

To which his wife responds: "He wasn't kissing my neck. He wwas whispering in my ear. He told me he was gay, thought you were cute, and asked me if we had any vaseline. I told him it was in the bathroom. Be strong honey. I love you too!!"

Thanks for reading my application, and I hope I receive some good feedback.
Smile

Foron

Foron

If you have any questions feel free to ask me.

Goraax

Goraax

Charged me 1k for mage tier shoulders in an uld run once... lol

On topic, good tank, did an alakir 10 man with him recently, was all good. But, we'd probably want a kitty druid. Target dummy numbers look good, but could you post a screenshot/wws log of damage breakdown by abilities used?

Also, do you by any chance know kait? Nvm if not, I might have u confused with someone else.

Foron

Foron

Lol was that you? ha ha <3

Ill see what I can do when the servers come back up, but my i know my rip makes up 35% of my total damage and shred / rake / mangle make up the rest

And yes I know Kait, I haven't spoken to her in a while though.

darkanubis

Did a throne of the 4 winds with this guy, Was a solid tank, and raid awareness was pretty good on alr kir (with the cyclones/wind bursts) was one of the few that didnt fail in that pug QQ! Talked to him on vent just socially as well, seems like a decent guy, just have to get him to /leave general if people are worried about that lol.

Foron

Foron

I lol'd at the general comment.

I admit I can be abit of a clown sometimes in general but that's only during trash, When its a boss fight I have head down ass up

Foron

Foron

I just want to know about the app, Cons + pros

IT TOOK ME ALL DAY TO DO IT.

Niktaf

Officer

Foron's only notable achievement in wrath is pulling aggro from meleeing Archavon as a resto shaman.

Foron

Foron

omfg, haha! I remember that Razz Good times <3

Edit: <3

Erik

Erik
Officer

pros and cons, well pros is you have the experience which is awesome, cons is well nice screen shot but beating on a dummy for 30 seconds doesn't really convey much lol.

contact one of the officers in game, erick, zethy, unholysin or luminastus.

http://b0sley.deviantart.com

Foron

Foron

Thanks for accepting me

If you would like tomorrow you can take me to a heroic and throw me straight in the deep end if you want or Yeah.

Goraax

Goraax

Since you know Kait, were you Briltion in Virtual Progression, ages ago?

Don't think u raided with us then, but I'm just curious lol.

Niktaf

Officer

that was his shaman

Foron

Foron

yes I was, I was only like a friend of the guild. Razz

Foron

Foron

But while on Topic Erik
Am I recruited as a feral kitty, or Tank.

Id pref to Tank, but I'm easy

Fool

Fool

What the hippy?

You're prioritising hit and EXP > agi for both sets?!

CAT - Agi is worth 3x output then those 2. You do NOT need hit and/or exp as you get your energy refunded 80% if you miss/get dodged/parried etc. Hit and EXP only take priority over AGI if you reach about 10,000 AGI or 96.4% crit chance. And never do they take priority > mastery either, which is your bread and butter stat for damage.

BEAR - AGI gives you DODGE, AP, CRIT, which all 3 you need for threat, mitigation and avoidance. Hit and EXP, again, are not worth anything. This is due to the fact that we are not limited by a strict threat CD rotation and can pretty much hit any button we please as long as we mangle on cooldown.

Glyphs - Glyph of Berserk in cat form is a DPS downgrade as there is no way your ER can keep it maintained for the time duration, you should be using Glyph of Tiger's Fury because after 4 cycles it matches up with your Rip refresh resulting in a DPS boost.
Glyph of FB is a dps downgrade as well, even though it allows stricter control on your ER, the extra energy that goes into your FB converts into about 1000 DPE, which is huge.

As for your gear, I'm led to believe that you're using the same gear for both sets for both specs, which won't work for hardmode content. As it is, you will truly just be a mana sponge for our healers, with the lack of any focus on your gear.

Foron

Foron

I like your input Fool, I don't Dps as cat on a regular basis, I was misinformed that someone would take into account that i prioritise hit expertise > agility, I get hit capped as bear for obvious reasons, And get 15 expertise(as I'm led to believe is the good amount for bear). only recently I've theory crafted myself with cat which i'm working on.

Obviously you play a druid, So lets work together to excel at My cat itemization.

And to your comment yes I use the same gear. I only dps in fights that require one tank Eg: Magmaw/Antramedes/Val-The/Al'akir

Niktaf

Officer

For 25m content there's no reason to run hit or expertise caps as a tank because threat is so jokemode with vengeance. You'll only need hit cap to land interrupts(only important for 10m i might add) but with so many dps, tanks are only backups.

Additionally to get those stats you actually sacrifice nearly 2000 worth of itemization that could be spent on "survival stats". Item budget is pretty important and survival should come over threat given the presence of md/tricks and vengeance.

Edit : I don't know shit about cats so yea probably just take fool's advice for now.

Foron

Foron

Thanks Nik, That's why i'm the way i am, i've been built around 10 mans because I like to get interrupts off. Eg, Having a Healer stand next to me while I tank Cho'gal so I can skullbash if he gets Mcd.

But if that's the case in 25 mans ill reforge my stats and prioritise myself for the better of the guild, (ALL INPUT HELPS)

Fool

Fool

You still won't need bear hit cap, and you won't need expertise as there is no parry haste this tier but here's some nifty little links I think you should read up on

Bear - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1126995943
Bear - http://theincbear.com/
Bear - http://elitistjerks.com/f73/t114069-feral_bear_cataclysm_release/
Cat - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/969727226
Cat - http://elitistjerks.com/f73/t110352-feral_cat_cataclysm_release/

Foron

Foron

Thanks bro, really appreciate it, Cant wait to theory craft!

Ill bring the Cookies.

Erik

Erik
Officer

edit: nvm lol didn't see the page 2 part, getting late and brain's not working, we like fool as our tank but if he wants to dps I guess you'll fill the spot. Have a chat with him

I'll have to get back to you on that one

right now we have pally/druid/warrior combo as tanks with our feral going kitty when not tanking but we'll see

http://b0sley.deviantart.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum